Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Rustic Weddings

Tori, on October 16, 2019 at 09:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hey brides and grooms to be!!

Now that I am officially married (as of October 5th 2019) I have time to look back and reflect about my overall "theme" or "feel" that I was going for Smiley smile

Since we had a fall wedding we wanted it to be rustic - but also me being me, I wanted a bit of glam.

Here are some pics from the wedding:

Rustic Weddings 1

Rustic Weddings 2

Rustic Weddings 3

Had it been warmer and not raining we would have had the shutters open which was looking at a beautiful scenery of trees and the river! But my favourite part was for sure the chandeliers that really made it look pretty

How did you come about picking your "rustic" look?

Any pictures of what you are going for/ have?

I know I would have loved to have incorporated lanterns or something along those lines!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on October 16, 2019 at 13:41
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My gosh I NEED to see this!!! Dang photographers and taking their time to edit to perfection Smiley tongue

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I avoided the rustic theme, which was difficult considering how popular it is!

Hard to nail down a specific word to describe the "theme". It was a bit Rococo meets 1920's meets enchanted forest lol.

We had white lace runners, stems of greenery, and brass candle holders down the tables. I was able to snag some really great vintage picture frames for the welcome sign, seating chart, menu boar, and the cutest table numbers. I DIY'd the heck out of this wedding and sprayed all the frames gold, and made everything into chalkboards, and did the chalk art myself. The flowers really added to the whimsy and pulled it all together. Wish I had pictures already!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice. Rustic and simple.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so cool - we never looked into winery's (not that there are in MB but who knows?) but that sounds amazing!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been a barn rat my whole life and my FH likes rustic vibes so we knew we wanted a venue with rustic charm - just not overly country. Our venue is an inn and winery and the reception is in an old coach house and it's so dang cute. We'll add small rustic/romantic touches here and there but luckily it doesn't need much!

Rustic Weddings 4

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, those napkins were my shining light tbh. After my basement flooded and we lost them to water damage I was an emotional mess and then when I got them reordered free of charge they were my favourite thing about the set up Smiley tongue

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley smile

Did you ever consider a rustic wedding? Or was it Elegant no matter what?

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such a beautiful place. Your napkins are amazing!

I don't have many pictures back from our wedding yet, but we incorporated the rustic in the entrance to our reception. We had wine barrel tables, wine bottle seating chart on a rustic ladder, and a wine barrel card box. For our centerpieces we also had wood slabs for the base, and then our table numbers were in a nice wooden frame.

We wanted it to be very minimal so it didn't look super country, but yet still nice.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the little pumpkins on the table for decor they are so cute! your venue looks beautiful!!!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics