Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Curious August 2022 Ontario

Rsvps - via mail or online?

Kate, on January 27, 2022 at 13:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 21
Hi!
Are you guys including RSVP cards in your invites to mail back or utilizing an online system?
We are using The Knot for our wedding website, but I haven’t figured out how to upload our gystlist yet!Any tips would be appreciated Smiley smile Would love to be able to do this online somehow.
Thanks!!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Smith, on November 12, 2022 at 22:33
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! In my opinion the knot has a better more detailed checklist and they have better, more detailed, and nice looking templates! You can list your registry through there site as well! So easy and clear to use.

I find wedding wire to have lots of tech issues which Im not comfortable with when it comes to creating and receiving guests RSVPs I only use wedding wire for my vendors checklist and the community site. This community part of wedding wire is incredible. Everyone is so helpful and kind.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m using the knot as well!
    I manually added each guest into the site under guest list.

We did paper save the dates. We’re doing paper invitations and leaving our website at the bottom telling guests that is where they RSVP and the date they need to RSVP by. So far I’ve had no issues our date is in September 2022 and I have had lots of people already RSVP online. I also really enjoyed creating our website on the knot to personalize it and make it fun!!
    Here is my website if you’d like to look! theknot.com/alyxandjustin2022

In my opinion it’s a waste of paper and money to have details cards and rsvp cards in the invitations I just have one card with all the info and rsvp online. People are just going to throw it out anyway! Maybe your grandma or parents will keep it but most people throw it out! Which is your hard earned money!
  • Elias
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Elias ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of sending our Wedding Invites by mail and have a link on there for guests to RSVP online. I'm curious why people are using other websites like theknot.com or withjoy.com to make their website instead of Wedding Wire. Do they have better tools or prettier templates?

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning to include an RSVP card that has contact information for my fiancee (who is handling the RSVPs). The RSVP card includes both email and texting contact info so it makes it easier for guests to reach us and eliminates the chance of a card being lost in the mail.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I opted the choice of email for RSVP since I didn't go the website direction. I know one cousin who used greenvelope and they have a RSVP and you can add your guest list on there too.

• Gwen
    Beginner August 2022 Alberta
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going completely digital with our save the dates + invites. With the rising cost of postage and the risk of them getting lost in the mail, we thought digital better suited us. We're using Mail Chimp for our emails and Squarespace for our website. I believe theKnot does have an option where you can upload your guest list from an excel sheet - it's a pretty basic feature that all wedding website builders have, so just click around and you should be able to find it. I do like the idea of paper invitations though haha

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Believe it or not we have family that don't own a computer or have internet. So for the older folks, we are sending them the STD cards and an invitation. For the rest we are sending our STD cards with a link for our online RSVP.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh awesome! I’m so glad to hear The Knot’s RSVP system worked well. Thanks for letting me know!
    Also I agree with you on the eco friendly part!
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided not to waste paper for our wedding. Being eco conscious is important to us. We did all our invites and save the dates electronically through the knot and have our RSVPs through there as well. You can upload an excel sheet with your info for your guests. We created a fake one to test to send to our emails and our parents to see what it would look like before we sent things out. It worked out great!
  • Angela
    Beginner August 2022 New Brunswick
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing the same as well sending out paper invites. some people enjoy them as a keepsake.

I do however have my website available for my guests in case there's any questions or concerns though.

• Angela
    Beginner August 2022 New Brunswick
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree too Amanda! im so loving weddingwire site its so helpful!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So when I sent our STD, I included a little card that had a QR code to our wedding website - should anyone want to RSVP sooner - I plan on sending digital invites which would also have a link to the wedding website.

Personally, I looked into The Knot but wasn't a fan so I'm sticking with WW for our website/RSVPing. My bestie used it for her wedding too (which I helped her with) so Im pretty comfortable with this site.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used this website to receive our RSVP that gets sent to us by email, also where they confirm their meal options as we had seated dinner and two options.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We created our wedding website using withjoy.com so we will be utilizing them for that
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so too! What tool/site are you using for the digital RSVP?
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We included a little card with our invites that directs guests to RSVP on our website. IMO it's much easier to keep track of!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did it online. Even all the elders in our families are connected so it just made sense for us. This way, no one can lose any information if a card gets lost.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is very very true!!! ❤️
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get it!

To us, we rely on the internet too much these days, it's more meaningful when something comes in the mail

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I get what you mean Smiley smile
    We are sending physical invites just trying to decide if we send cards or direct them to our website!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are including RSVP cards with our invites. We're not using any form of online systems for our wedding. Something about getting a physical piece of paper in the mail these days is special to some people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics