Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashleigh
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

rsvp - Wording

Ashleigh, on October 18, 2017 at 10:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I've been over a bunch of different templates but I'm not sure about our RSVP wording. We only have a handful of "single" guests and I find it odd that couples might think if they accept they can bring friends. Any help would be appreciated. We have to have our revisions in tomorrow. Thank you on advance!

rsvp - Wording 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 10:55
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I the date and number of people with meal options of kids, veg and non-veg when they replied back
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are so prettySmiley love I like the idea of the number of seats reserved. Thanks for commenting!
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nailed it!!! I'll be using your wording. Thanks for chiming inSmiley heart
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like this!! Thank you for sharing!
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so cute!!! Hahaha.
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm using The Bells wording. Wanted to have them relaxed and my maiden name is Jingle so it fits. Smiley xd

rsvp - Wording 2
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I numbered mine as well! It worked out really well!

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I struggled with this too, I didn't want people to assume they could bring someone and I have heard stories of people showing up with a friend or date that wasn't supposed to be invited. I decided to include a line on our RSVP's that says "_ seats have been reserved in your honour" and I will write in the number on each RSVP so there is no miscommunication about whether they can bring a guest or not. They just have to fill in their name and whether they are attending or not.

Also, a good tip I heard which I plan on doing is numbering the RSVP's and keeping a list of who received which number. That way if someone forgets to put their name or their writing is not legible, you still know who the RSVP belongs to.

RSVP Insertrsvp - Wording 3

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't include an option for people to write in number of guests, just the line for names. We addressed the invites to indicate who was invited and who was invited to bring a guest. We also included menu options on the RSVP card along with a line to list any food allergies (at the suggestion of our venue). But meal selection only applies if you're serving more than one entree. This is ours below:

preview?instructions_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fse

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The M is likely for "Mr" or "Ms" or "Miss" ... Basically putting in the first part and people fill in what they prefer. As for the options, could you maybe make it 3 options:

(1) Happily accepts ; (2) Happily accepts with +1 ; (3) Regretfully declines

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, I dont get the "M" I want to keep these as clear as possible. Name(s): O Happily accepts O Happily accepts with guestO Regretfully declines

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics