Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hana
Curious October 2017 Ontario

Rsvp wording

Hana, on March 14, 2017 at 13:35 Posted in Tech support 0 12

Is there a way to change the RSVP wording to be more traditional such as delightfully accepts or regretfully declines? I accept is okay, but I don't accept seems a bit harsh of wording for those that can't make it?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on November 15, 2017 at 12:51
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jillian!! Emilie is no longer at WeddingWire. The RSVP wording is set and we are not able to change or customize those fields at this time. We have passed along this feedback to our development for the future!

• Jillian
    Newbie August 2018 Quebec
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Emilie,Are you able to look into a making changes to the rsvp wording. "I accept" and "I do not accept" cause problems for my bilingual attendees. If there's no way to change this code, I'll probably look into other wedding website options that allow this wording to be changed.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jillian! Unfortunately the RSVP wording can not be edited. I've passed along your feedback to our development team for the future!

• Jillian
    Newbie August 2018 Quebec
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Emilie!
    I have the same problem, only slightly more pressing as half my guests don't speak English. Everything seems to be customizable except the most important thing, the RSVP! We are only having digital rsvps, and it's really important we have the wording changed to be bilingual and clear. Is this possible? If not I'm afraid we'll have to buy rsvp cards Smiley sad if it can be changed, how can I contact you with the wording we need. Thanks.!
  • Hana
    Hana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the advice. It's a rather young / tech crowd and I have clear instructions on the website as well as instructions to call/text me so I'm pretty confident it will be fine.... but who knows maybe I will regret it haha.
    I have seen a lot of people (with paper invites) recently send the RSVP card and it will say something like "we have __ seats reserved for you" and they fill in the number. Those who have done it did so for similar reasons to your concern.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've done some research on this and the most elegant I can find is, "adult reception to follow"
    We've also informed everyone via our mothers about this so it won't be a shock when it comes down the pipe.
  • Carleigh
    Carleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey,

My sister did a digital RSVP and although it seems like a cheaper/modern option - it actually confuses people. We had to phone/email/text almost 50% of the guests for a reply because the website either had a glitch when they were doing it or they just didn't understand. You'd think it's pretty straight forward, sometimes not!

Keep in mind even though people don't mail as much anymore, people still LOVE to get mail, and will graciously mail anything back if it's pre-stamped! Plus sometimes you might like getting the mail back too.

Does anyone know a nice/good way of saying 'no kids'? The issue is my cousins kids are coming but only because they live in the States. However, no other kids are welcome, and we know one family who always trys to bring their kids, even if the children's names aren't on the invite.

Carleigh

• Hana
    Hana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks - I actually want a digital RSVP. I think it will be easier for people (no one mails that much anymore!), more organized, and a cost saver as all of my family lives in USA.
  • Kalene
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Kalene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered ours off vista print so we could do it our selves. That way you could do your own wording and everything.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Hana, I'm sorry to hear that. But thanks for your feedback! We're looking into different ways we could change it to Smiley smile

• Hana
    Hana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My plan was to just use the website for RSVP's with the website on the paper invite but the wording is making me question that. I'm sure anyone that declines isn't thrilled about not making it so I don't want the wording to make them feel worse.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Hana! Thanks for your feedback! There's no way to change this manually, but we'll look into it to see what we could do Smiley smile Thanks for your comment! Will all of your guests RSVP on your website or will you also send paper invitations with an RSVP card? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics