Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Rsvp right away? Or wait closer to the rsvp date?

Hailey, on February 28, 2022 at 16:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any input on if people wait closer to the RSVP date to rsvp? I assumed most would rsvp as soo as they got the invites however that's not the case... do I just not worry about it till the deadline?
I also have the setting on the website to put in your email when you go to the website so I can monitor who goes on it and haven't seen many check it?
Am I just overthinking it? Thank you 🙂

27 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on April 1, 2022 at 01:35
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are currently 15 days from our RSVP deadline and so far we have RSVPs from 20/61 guests. We plan on following up 1 week before the deadline.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, definitely good to make sure that is set for you. Or cut them off. Hahaha. Jk
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah come april 10 I will for sure... since were buying the food I need the numbers this soon (wedding is june 10)

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah. Don’t hesitate at all to checkup on them and let them know. I made sure I do so, since we had seated dinners. Let them know we need numbers for the food choices.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No kidding! Im still missing a few haha 10 more days till the RSVP date tho!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, some people like to take longer than they need to. To get a response. Hahahaa

Ah yes, that’s a great idea. Keep everyone in the loop to get everything sorted out and all the information in one place.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I have about 30/55 RSVP already. the rest have not. I may end up just messaging everyone or making a facebook group message to do the details as I don't think any of them will continue to check the website once they RSVP (we are supplying a certain amount of boos and then also BYOB, the theme etc)

Aw that's too bad, I have a feeling that will be some people. I have only invited a couple family from both sides to represent the side of the family and I think that might of started some stuff but I wanted less than 50 people and i'm almost at 60.

My cousin just asked if her baby is invited (it was supposed to be no kids as there's only a few people who have kids & I dont have the seating for them but I feel a baby is in a different category? lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say half an half for RSVP. You will have guests that will reply much sooner than those who do wait and realize they haven't done so yet and have to get you an answer.

A good way to let your guests know to RSVP (those that haven't yet) is by sending them a reminder by email of the deadline. Sad to say my eldest brother never did for his family and SIL only asked a week before the wedding if she could come and leave the kids out of it. Heartbreaking as it was, some things with them haven't changed even now.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was alittle sad and hurt my feelings a bit... but ill get over it haha I know people rsvp closer to the date so once April 10th comes around I'll send a message to remind people just say yes or no for numbers.. I thought people would of done it sooner tho!

What you did was a super smart idea! I also think I should or put in the invite to check the website for updates... might end up making a Facebook page/chat for it as we have little updates (BYOB, places to stay, cowboy boots etc) Haha 😄 😅
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhhhhh okay. Yeah; that would definitely be sad.
    I think what worked for me is that I did e-invites. I sent them personally by text messages/Whatapp. Haha. Then I also sent them the website to remind them to check it for updates.

My message was something like:“Please see attached the updated invitation and keep an eye out on our website for any latest update. website link…”
    But definitely do some checkup, it’s okay to do so. I did a lot of it. Haha
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most people wait until closer to the end…. And some ultimately forget. Also keep in mind that not everyone is off on weekends, so for some it may take a few weeks to actually secure the time off for the wedding. Don’t stress. Just keep track as they come in so you will know on the deadline who you need to follow up with.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the info! We have the rsvp date April 10th as my family needs numbers for the amount of food and figured month is a good amount of time to get all the food together. (Wedding June 11)
    I have 29/52 rsvp already but I worry Some people just didn't even look at the invite... when i saw a couple invited last week she mentuoned "I forgot your rsvp card" and I thought to myself... that they clearly didn't look at the invite as the rsvp is rsvp by this website (wedding wire website) so it made me sort of sad 😢
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Hailey,
    Don’t ever hesitate to checkin with them as well. I had to check in with my guests since we had to confirm the total of meals and choices from two options. Depends on how close you are to your date, you check definitely checkin and request that they RSVP as soon as possible.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I had almost all of my RSVP in plenty of time but I still had some I had to chase down....then we postponed
  • Rebecca
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh i didnt know you could do that. Didn't know what list A and B meant. Thank you.
    Im very anxious and its driving me crazy not to be in control, but this will defitnitly help!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you make an A list and B list? That way if anyone in the A list decline, you can move to the B list.

• Rebecca
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im going crazy with this. My side everyone has rsvp. But my FH side barely anyone did. Its driving me mad. Cos i need 60 ppl for my hall and if they don't come i need to find more ppl to invite so it's stressing me out big time
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, its hard right?! I want to go in and RSVP for a bunch of people I KNOW are coming but I also know the excitement of going on the site to do it your self, as well.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm hoping so, I have 20/56 people rsvp already so I assume so... most are family
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for responding I'm definitely going to try not to worry..
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I figured, I definitely might do that as a part of me worries a bit... I guess I just assumed you would respond right away?
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have a bunch of family already rsvp... and I know there's alot of friends excited however they haven't rsvp yet lol I guess I'll just relax a bit.. haha
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I am lucky, as alot of our friends and family are equally excited about this day so we already have 15 people RSVP'd lol however, I know alot of people have received their STD but have not RSVP'd. But tbf, I just made a little card that said formal invites were coming but if they wanted to RSVP, I provided a QR code, so I assume most people are waiting for the formal. I still have lots of time to get my numbers in so I'm not too stressed.

And if I remember correctly, my bestie was chasing RSVP up until a few weeks before her wedding lol and she was married pre-covid

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People always RSVP for things closer to the deadline. I wouldn't stress over it. Try not to log in and check so often if it gives you anxiety.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would not stress about it. This is totally normal and even more so with covid that people will wait.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think most people will be closer to the date just because with everything with covid right now maybe I wouldn't stress too much right now
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Weve been handing out our invites over the last couple weeks for local guests and mailed out the rest a couple weeks ago. So far we've had 3 guests RSVP. I imagine most people are waiting till closer to the deadline

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics