Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

RSVP Panic!!

Holly, on March 4, 2019 at 16:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Okay everyone I need some reassurance and positive vibes!

It's been a few weeks since we've sent the invites and only received 2 RSVP emails, no big deal I thought because deadline isn't till end of April.. Well a couple days ago my friend messages me saying to tried to email but it was saying that it failed and couldn't send to our email..she tried again and same thing so I typed out our email asked her to try again and it worked. Then 2 days ago I received our second one so all was good. Today we get another guest telling us it won't work...so I put out a post about it on Facebook and it turns out more people are having trouble with the RSVP email... Now I'm super stress that RSVPs are not coming in because our email doesn't work for everyone for some reason. I tried emailing it from my personal email and my FHs too and they both went through fine. So I am in a panic because what if someone thinks they sent it but it didn't work...
I know this is an issue we have lots of time to fix and it won't be an issue but I'm still super stressed about it!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Gabrielle, on March 7, 2019 at 18:31
  • Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t worry about it. It took us a while before we got more rsvp’s and even had to chase down a couple of people.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah definitely going to check in with everyone before the deadline. We've have a few more people tell us the email didn't work but then had a few email with no issues so we have no idea what's going on!
  • M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! That's good you did a Facebook announcement, just make sure everyone is aware (not every granny goes on Facebook). I would do this as soon as you can, plus contact those you haven't received a response from about a week before the deadline. We followed up with everyone 6 weeks before our deadline (as well as a week before), and we still had to chase some people down a week after our deadline (we did also leave a 2-week wiggle room from the deadline to when we actually wanted to know the numbers, because we know people are slow with responding).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks, but like Tori said, it's all going to be okay!!!

You've done what you can with letting people know the email isn't working with your Facebook announcement, but I would call those you haven't heard back from a week before the deadline to confirm if they are coming or not.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tori, I need you as the calming voice of reason in my head!!

I totally agree with Tori here, that starting callbacks a week early would give you more time to reach whoever hasn't sent their RSVP.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's quite a dilemma you're in! I'd say (just to be sure) that you should just call all your guests by the RSVP deadline and confirm whether or not they're attending. It will definitely be tedious to do so, but it will be worth it to know that you have the correct guest count!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    Yeah I'll definitely be contacting everyone before the deadline just to be safe!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's all going to be okay!!!

Like you said, you have a whole month or more to get RSVP's back. You made a FB announcement that it wasn't working great, and by word of mouth it should get around too.

If anything just start calling about RSVP's a week earlier than the RSVP deadline to give yourself more time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics