Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Curious May 2018 New Brunswick

rsvp Cards? Stamps? Wedding website?

Brittany, on November 27, 2017 at 13:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hay guys,

Little unsure of the etiquette here. We have the option of RSVPing through our wedding website and have said this is where we would prefer people RSVP on the invitation. We are including RSVP cards with the invitations for those who don't use the internet, some of my Fiance's family and mine aren't tech savy. Do I include postage with all these? It seems like a waste of money and paper for those who would RSVP through the online service anyway? Should I include it with those I know would use the mail option? Just a little unsure of what to do?

I don't want to be tacky or cheap but I also don't want to pay 100$ for stamps to get thrown in the garbage...

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jenna, on March 3, 2018 at 14:45
  • Jenna
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't include postage with any of the RSVP cards as I knew people would be able to RSVP online and instead of adding an extra expense they paid for the stamps themselves. There is no such thing as planning a wedding and being cheap your guests will understand!

• N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks I was just wandering the same thing I only ordered RSVP cards for the people I know can't do online and was wandering if I should include a return stamp. I ordered online rsvp cards for everyone else. Thanks
  • Brittany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks guys! I do intend to put postage with the ones I send RSVP cards to (like my grandmother who doesn't do the internet at all).

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are including RSVP cards for some of the invitations, then the etiquette would be to include postage to respond back as well. If the rest are directing them to do it online, then you can definitely save some money there. Maybe I am old school with that, but if you send an RSVP card and envelope, postage should be included.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Brittany,

Thats great that your trying to include technology into your wedding. I wish I as techy as you, and if half of your family is familiar with RSVPing online and will do it, then go for it! Save money where you can! The only thing worries about online rsvping is to make sure to family won't just open the email and forget to reply to the message. I am bad for that hahaha.

What template would you use for your invitation? or is there a website?

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did save the dates, invitation & stamped rsvp's and some will rsvp the on the website but many won't especially our elders. I know it's an added expense but I also know that many are traveling quite a distance and half are having to pay for accomodations, gas etc so I see it as being respectful and grateful for them showing up.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a website with details but did not have the RSVP option- we sent the RSVP's already stamped & addressed for our guests. I was shocked how many people DID NOT use the website - they would ask questions that I had answered on the website.
    I recommend RSVP + detail cards. 99% responded - only a couple I had to ask if they had sent their RSVP back.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree! And I don't want to waste money on rsvp cards people will not use, plus stamps cost what seems like an arm and a leg lol. Most people should use the website or just call people to finalize in my opinion! That's my plan anyways.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I skipped RSVPs all together. We wrote on the invitation (that we sent out a year in advance because we also skipped save-the-dates) that we would appreciate a phone call to let us know if they could make it or not. I don’t need “final numbers” for anything since we are self-catering, but I do plan on calling people that haven’t given us a call within the last couple of months before the wedding, just so we know how many tables to set up. Lol
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same here. Till really recently, I was thinking of doing RSVP cards. However, FH then told me that most of our friends will reply either by text or on some messaging platform, and so I am fogalky second guessing the RSVP cards.

That been said, I do think it looks better, however it would be nice to save some $$, when things are not necessary.

If vistaprint wasn’t that cheap, I would also be thinking online invitations, instead of paper ones.
  • Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's too early for us to start on invitations just yet, but I've been thinking about this stuff as I know that one set of FHs grandparents don't even have a computer. I was thinking about just including a phone number (most likely mine) and giving the option to call or text to RSVP instead of the website (if we decide to use it).

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to send our extra for or invitations but then we decided for people who aren't tech savvy, we will have them call us or our parents and RSVP and we will add them to our list on our website.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you really don't want to go the old school postage route, I would include your link to RSVP online and the phone number of a person that you can call in your RSVP to. I would even put yours and a backup person's number (parent, MOH, etc.). We did phone call RSVP's for my shower and it worked great.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly what we decided to do, everyone can go to our wedding website and RSVP, those who can't can call either of our parents in my opinion!!

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wondering this as well. I’m leaning more towards just putting the website as the way to RSVP and not bothering with stamps etc at all. I think most will use the website anyways and those who won’t will just get in touch with our parents and RSVP through them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics