Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Angela
Newbie May 2019 Ontario

Royal Botanical Gardens wedding photos?

Angela, on January 18, 2019 at 10:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

I want to have our wedding photos done at the Royal Botanical Gardens, I was just wondering if anyone has had their wedding photos taken there?

They require a permit, understandably, but there are a few different areas to choose from and I am not sure which area to purchase a permit for. There is Hendrie Park, the Rock Garden, or the Arboretum.

We were thinking Hendrie Park but it would be nice to have some flowering trees in the photos as it will be in May, so I was also wondering if there are any flowering trees in that area as well.

If anyone has had their photos there I am just looking for recommendations/ any advice you can give would be helpful.

Thank you!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Angela, on March 4, 2019 at 12:15
  • Angela
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks! The photos from RBG are really beautiful. We found a photographer and bought our permit so we are all set! Smiley laugh

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Angela! Have you checked out their page on WeddingWire to look at their photos and read the reviews from previous couples? They may be more focused on having your wedding there, but it's still good info!

Royal Botanical Gardens Reviews and Photos

There's also a real wedding from the Royal Botanical Gardens to help you scope out the best photo spots: Lauren & Tanner's Wedding .

• Angela
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks, I know separate permits are required for different areas so I just wanted to see what other people usually went with. I'm going to do some more research before I book.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Angela - Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the Wedding Wire community!

I can’t wait to hear what others have to say about this venue, and suggest that while you’re waiting for shared personal experiences you contact the venue directly. They may tell you that the permit is all encompassing, or they may tell you what most couples do. I would hope that the permit is all encompassing so you can go by feel during the day.

Also consider checking with yoir photographer, as they may have experience with that venue from past bookings.

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics