Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carly
Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia

Restarting the wedding planning after year pause

Carly, on May 2, 2021 at 22:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Anyone else finding it weird/hard to get back into the swing of wedding planning ?
Our original date was scheduled for June of this year and we had started our planning around the time covid started 2020, but we decided to push back to 2021 to avoid the stress of trying to plan in a wedding in such an uncertain time which meant pushing the planning as well.
We’re a year out to our new date which means we need to start planning again, and I’m finding it hard to start planning again and looking for vendors after taking a break for so long :/

13 Comments

Latest activity by Celine, on May 30, 2021 at 19:58
  • Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’re not the only one
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You will get back in motion after the long pause as many couples may have to do again if they got cancelled by their vendors or eloped. Its hard to feel the excitement once again and knowing where to start. You will get your groove back with this planning and smoothly hopefully.
  • Kirsten
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We postponed our wedding from July 2020 to July 2021, and I was excited to have an extra year to do planning... then I basically did nothing for 10 months because everything was so uncertain haha. It was totally not fun for a while for us, but we just decided to elope and now that we have a (fairly) solid plan we are getting back into the swing of planning all the details.

Definitely focus on the things that excite you - if cakes are exciting for you, maybe start researching vendor options and purchase a cake tasting box from them to trial some flavours. It's a great excuse to indulge in some sweetsSmiley love Or if videography is exciting, sit down with you partner and watch some vendor videos together and talk about what you like about them. With all the uncertainty lately I feel like a lot of the "planning" is more of a "dreaming" stage where you can find vendors you like but maybe not necessarily lock them in yet; or if you are thinking of hiring them you can chat about their flexibility with covid and changes. I'm sure the excitement will come back real soon, just needs a kick start!

• Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in December 2019 and set a date for December 2021 ... and now that it’s supposed to be this year, I don’t even know if I should bother planning at all . So far, we are just waiting it out until September to decide if we will postpone to 2022 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Victoria
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sending you all some extra love and hope that these lockdowns end!!! It's so frustrating. Putting things into perspective sometimes helps me.....nonetheless, your feelings MATTER Smiley heart

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we first got engaged last summer I was really into the planning even though it was originally scheduled for 2022. When everything closed down and it became impossible to visit venues or try dresses, the excitement faded. I found my dress from an online liquidation from a store that was closing this week and I finally reopened this app and started looking again.
    Still not at the same level as last summer but some of the fun is back.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!!!! Happy that you found that Kickstarter! Just think you and your husband with close people that will party it up as you dance and enjoy the night.

• Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Even given the last few days I’ve found myself getting back into the swing of things. Started reworking in my wedding website, and I actualy found someone through stillwhite (wedding dress site) who’s selling my dream dress brand new with tags in my size for half the price, so that’s kinda kickstarted my excitement again in a big way. Just waiting to see if that works out
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did find it hard to get back into it, since in the beginning it was super stressful. But my sister became the planner and started setting things in motion with questions and ideas. So I’m happy for that. Then I found this website and got back into it with excitement. Added my wedding registry and what not. Try to get the excitement back. I wish you all the best and the motivation to get back into it. Just think of the end goal along the excitement and new adventures that comes along with it. 😊👍🏾

• Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s nice to know that I’m not alone with this feeling. Hopefully everything falls into place for you ♥️
  • Carly
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know. The idea of commuting is so hard just in case, but it’s a double edge sword because many other couples postpones to either 2021/22 which means that vendors can be booking up fast :/ already have our venue which has been great postponing the first time around
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Despite me being here quite often, I actually haven't done a thing for the wedding since last year. I don't want to commit to anything when it might not be allowed. Any planning has been just us asking ourselves if we can do something.

Hopefully with you, the biggest mess from the pandemic is behind us and you can experience some semblance of normalcy.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We rescheduled to Jan 29 next year from Feb this year. Some days it's easy to think about planning other days all I think is what's the point it probably won't happen being so close to vaccines finally being done and not having the data out to open things up again....I think I would be able to plan full force if I was even in the summer next year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics