Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathryn
Beginner October 2017 Ontario

Requesting pricing

Kathryn, on April 3, 2017 at 13:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hey everyone!

As I'm looking for various vendors I'm finding two ways to get a price quote. Some vendors (phtographers, DJs, etc.) simply provide you with their fixed prices (maybe after requesting certain details like number of guests) and others want to know your budget among other details before providing you with a quote.

How do you feel about this second option?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 4, 2017 at 17:02
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they are good vendors or venues they will try and work someting out for you. Like i was worried about a price and they customized there menu for me to work with what I had. Same goes with the DJ! I've had many many conversations with different people and Im sure you'll find the right vendors to work with! You'll know it when you meet with them. Smiley smile I hope you find what you are searching for!!

• Kathryn
    Beginner October 2017 Ontario
    Kathryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's exactly how I feel about it! Their quote is going to be your complete budget, if not slightly more.

The only time I've had a different experience with sharing my budget was with our photographer. I already knew she was a bit out of our budget from talking to her previous clients, so when I contacted her I expressed how much we wanted to work wth her, told her our max budget and asked if we could customize a package that fit our budget and needs. She was really great about it.

• Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless you are dealing with caterer, which they tend to try and stay within your budget and propose a menu, any other vendor shouldn't ask these question It's not about the $$. it's about the number of guests and date since they need to estimate what is the best package for you. I guess it's there way of trying to get the most money out of you if they do ask your budget.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kathryn!

Nice to meet you here! Smiley heart Every vendors has it's way to work, but it is important that you choose the one you feel totally comfortable with.

Here you can find all the vendors that do promotions. Maybe it is nice to check it! Smiley flower

Promotions for Wedding

Did you already find a photographer? Smiley diamond

Can't wait to hear more. xx

• Emma
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do not think that's right at all that they ask how much your budget is. It's none of their business. I have had this happen with a DJ and Triple A Limousine company. They kept asking more wedding details and say be more specific right down to the the time and they gave me the most redicoulsly I expensive quotes even though my wedding is on a Friday! I haven't gotten a break or deal with any vendor even though my wedding is on a Friday. I wish that prices were online and didn't have to even send an email regarding their prices. However we got to find out prices somehow. I didn't go with any of the vendors who weren't upfront with pricing.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone here! When I know that the price is close to my budget then I would be more comfortable approaching them and negotiating if possible!
  • Vicky
    Frequent user June 2018 Quebec
    Vicky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They should tell their price first..dont need to know your budget
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer that they tell me their price up-front. I can then decide if it's within my budget or what I'm willing to pay.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not into it... Your budget should not affect their prices... We ran into this with caterers and ended up going with one of the ones with straight pricing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics