Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenna
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Renting a dress

Jenna, on June 1, 2017 at 22:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4

Has anybody had any experience in renting a dress as opposed to buying one. I havent gone into any stores to ask about it. I just thought about it and thought id ask the wedding wire community. I'm really leaning towards that to save some money.

Plot twist : I'm a plus sized bride - what happens if i need it altered.

And also how far in advanced do you "rent" said dress. I have a year before my wedding so clearly im not going to rent it for a year.

Anybody in Ontario know of any good places to get "AFFORDABLE" plus sized dresses. I'm paying for the entire wedding out of pocket so I stress affordable.

TIA.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 16:17
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Renting is an alternative and savings too. I would check out the internet for local stores and see if plus sizes are available before heading there.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think Kate has some great suggestions. I feel like if you are to rent one you will have to do it closer to the wedding and it would probably stress you are more than keeping an eye out for sales or getting a second-hand dress.

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my Dress for 160.00$. I wasn't going to pay more than that.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was unable to find a place that rented wedding dress in AB or NB (didn't want to pay thousands on a one day dress)... I ended up getting one off the rack and on sale at a bridal store $400... If your open to second hand most citys have wedding dress consignment stores, I've also seen some lovely gowns at value village and goodwill... You could also check online (preownedweddingdresses.com or stillwhite.ca)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics