Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Master September 2017 Ontario

Rentals almost lost

Erin, on April 3, 2017 at 12:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hello community! I have to share a moment of concern my FH and I had last night. We are splitting the rentals for our wedding between two companies as one has better prices and certain things we want (we'll call them company 1) and the other is used to dealing with our caterer (company 2).

We are lucky that our caterer is handling all communication with company 2 so there is nothing to worry about there.

We got a quote from Company 1 about a month ago on some of the items in which we were interested. We decided we needed to add more items and somehow the FH and I experienced a miscommunication about who would e-mail them to add these items to our quote. I thought he had done it and he thought I had done it. We figured this out last night and quickly e-mailed the company in a panic as our quote had expired 2 days previously.

We waited for a response and actually got one pretty quickly for a Sunday night. They told us that another couple had asked for a quote for the same date and that they had requested some of our items. At this point, it was whomever got the deposit in first that would get the items as they are given out on a "first come, first served" basis. We went to full panic mode as they are supplying our tables, bar, table linens, ceremony chairs etc. FH furiously replied requesting an e-mail address for the deposit while I got about setting up an e-transfer.

We ended up getting the deposit to them and have secured our items but it was a panic there for a few minutes. I guess the lesson here is to make sure you guys are on the same page about who is doing what and to always communicate.

Has anyone else had some miscommunication mishaps?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 5, 2017 at 10:23
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies for your kind words.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Erin,

Wow so happy at the end it worked out good. Happy that you shared this with us. Sometimes this things can happen. Smiley heart

I made this game yesterday to see what movie couple you and your FH are.

Which Movie Couple Are You? Smiley smile

I think you will like it.

• Emma
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I am happy it worked out for you both Smiley smile
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Glad it worked out for you... I know what Troy is like so I'm dealing with all the vendors... Lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics