To unblock this content, please click here

Rosalyn
Devoted August 2018 Alberta

Rehersal dinner/event-9 days!!!!

Rosalyn, on August 9, 2018 at 01:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23
Who’s having a rehersal?
Who’s invited to your rehersal?
Whos dreading there’s?

All I foresee is a night full of “why didn’t you invite so and so?” “Why didn’t you this/why didn’t you that?” My in laws have invited their side of the extended family (and not mine) to the rehersal. And my fiancé’s aunts tend to question everything and anything that has nothing to do with them. I’m dreading that being the night before. I’ve decided I can leave whenever I please because ain’t no body gunna add a wrinkle to this face the night before the wedding!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on August 14, 2018 at 20:09
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's such a smart thing to do! Really glad that things worked out budget-wise Smiley smile

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally! I’m over it now. I wanted to puke at first but we were able to take some from an inheritance that was meant for a house 😊 we won’t be buying for a few years so there’s time to make it up!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a pretty significant amount! WOW. Good thing is that your wedding is going to be great no matter what, and then you can - hopefully - forget about lessened gift.

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our rehearsal dinner is our parents( mine are not together so their SO as well), grandparents & our wedding party + their SOs, which is basically all our brothers and sisters. It’s a big group but we have quite a few aunts and uncles and just didn’t want it to get out of control!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just $4000 😳
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley sexy Smiley sexy Smiley sexy damn right!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LMAO thank you Rosalyn, why can't our families understand this?!

Dare I ask how significant the drop was with the gift? Either way, it's super frustrating!

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    💪🏻 hahhaha we got this!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It has been hectic but I’m getting to the point of “I don’t GaF” lol. I’m telling myself “maybe she feels more comfortable having them there? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I will just stay a little while then sneak away with my ladies!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amen! You too girl!

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Stand your ground!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So we have the same family? 3 days ago we were also told that the original $ we were receiving has lessened...everything has been booked and the wedding is 5 days away 😂😂😂

hosting your own rehearsal is a no no! Come on family! This is your time to relax not concern yourself with this!!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm dreading mine. There's been some recent development that means we're planning and hosting our own rehearsal, so there's that. FH's parents have been super vague about their gift (said it was X amount), but that apparently includes our rehearsal, sooooo time to adjust our budget. I just wish they had told us this before we booked our recent vendor (flowers).

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours will be our wedding party and SO's, if applicable.

Our niece and nephew (in the wedding party).

My parents, his dad and his gf, and his brother who's not in the wedding party.

Our MC and his wife and son.

My godmother and her husband.

Our officiant.

This makes 27 people including ourselves. Some of our guests arriving from out of town and staying at our venue the night before *MAY* get an invite, but no one already in town or travelling Saturday morning will be.

As for questions about why so-and-so was/wasn't invited, I'll give my reasons and stick to my guns.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married at a lodge/cabins and have the rehearsal booked for the night before. We are only having our parents and bridal party come. I don't understand why anyone would need anyone more than that at the rehearsal.

Sorry that they invited their extended family - sounds hectic Smiley sad

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a rehearsal dinner , I think my mother in-law is dreading it more than anyone as she is footing the bill and a groomsmen have a tendency to drink heavy. We have invited immediately family (parents, siblings and their SOs, niece, nephew and grandmothers) only and our bridal party, not their SOs. I am planning to look at it as an opportunity to just relax and hang out with family and friends before a day of excitement and chaos.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a rehearsal and it was wedding party and parents. We did also invite the friend that was in charge of music for the ceremony because he came to the rehearsal to learn the cues for music.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a rehearsal and it was pretty much family, wedding party and their SOs and a few close family friends. We had a great time and ate so much food.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooooohhhhh. I feel you girl!!!
    my mother in law (who is covering it) wants to do super fancy (as in a fancier dinner than my wedding). my FH and I don't want that. we want low key (we still need to have this convo with her). and she says its customary to invite your out of town guests to the rehearsal. and I said no I won't be doing that as that isn't customary here (she lives in Oklahoma). so she is inviting her OK friends that are coming up.
    in terms of who we want there. our bridal party, their significant others, parents/step-parents. and in my case since my parents have passed away it will be my aunt/uncle and 2 cousins (as they are like siblings).
    I like your thinking of leaving when you want.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a rehearsal but deciding the guest list is a nightmare... I have 200 people coming to my wedding and the rehearsal dinner is already at 60!!!
    Seems way to big not sure what to do either...
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be having a rehearsal. People being invited: wedding part, parents/siblings, grandparents. I have a feeling that others may show up though... My FH's family is pretty close knit. I am only dreading that tension of having my FH's mom and dad in the same vicinity - especially because I will probably say something along the lines of being thankful for his mom and dad making him the man he is today (I bet his mom would disagree....). If my FMIL can keep it together though then it should be fine for me.

As for the questions - I have always like the term "Because I did. Because I can." Just be very bold when saying it and they won't know how to proceed further Smiley winking

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My rehearsal is just going to be the wedding party. Our officiant said we don’t need a rehearsal with her but I wanted to get the party and the parents together to go over how the day is going to go.
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant requested a rehersal on the thursday night. Our parents will be there, our best man and maid of honor, our musician & us.

As for the “dinner”, we’re just gonna grab a bite to eat before or after nothing fancy.

We’re not dredding ours because it’s super helpful. It’s on the thursday and not friday, so we dont feel rushed.

Usually, you can invite out of town guests, but there’s no rule set it stone. Tell your in laws to back off and you dont need nor want that stress so close to the wedding. You invited who you wanted and nobody should question it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics