Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner May 2019 Alberta

Rehearsal Dinner? Who do you invite?

Stephanie, on January 12, 2018 at 17:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

We are planning to have a rehearsal dinner but are unsure who should be included. We have a lot of guests travelling to come to the wedding. Do you invite your wedding parties plus 1's?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Chanelle, on January 13, 2018 at 01:19
  • Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re on a super tight budget and it’s out of town, so I think what I’m going to do is:
    -do actual rehearsal stuff at venue with those involved in actual wedding ceremony
    -walk 1 min down the road to fiancés parents place which has a lovely private lawn and beach on the water
    -invite everyone for casual BBQ, something like hot dogs and BYOB, more of a meet and greet type thing that will be forced to wrap up by 11 due to noise restrictions, which is probably a good thing the night before the wedding! So more of a beach party on the lake
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing it for anyone involved and parents. Our wedding party can invite their partners to the dinner, but partners will have to pay themselves. At first we were going to pay for them, but it got to be too many people. Plus, we are feeding them the next night at the wedding.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would invite those that are directly involved in the wedding ex:

-parents

-siblings

-bridal party

-those helping with ensuring all decorations are put up the way you want it to

-grandparents if they will be doing something during the wedding. For ex: I will be doing a somewhat traditional chinese tea ceremony and FH's parents and grandparents have never done this before so I want to ensure they know what they are doing before the big day.

I think it's a nice gesture to invite your wedding party's +1 but I know that can add up in cost so not necessary, especially when you are having a more extravagant dinner in the next day or two.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your rehearsal dinner should be everyone in the wedding party, including each set of parents. You should also invite your out of town guests as a sign of respect and a thank you for coming out for our wedding.

We're inviting our wedding parties significant others. We feel it's the nice thing to do. That's really up to you.
  • Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the same question! We don’t have a bridal party, but there will still be someone that passes the ring and someone to sign to witness the marital certificate. Hoping someone can shed some light on this!
  • Jillian
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When my brother and sister in law got married (in the states and were Canadian) they invited the wedding party and their plus 1’s. and parents/grandparents obviously. But anyone who travelled far weren’t invited to the rehearsal dinner. It worked well an no one was upset about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics