Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Registry or No Registry?

Brittany, on May 27, 2022 at 14:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

So we are getting married in Banff, Alberta; half of our guests are coming from the east coast and the rest will be coming from within the province of Alberta. This is going to be an expensive trip for a lot of people - we are providing food and alcohol for the 1 night but it being a minimum 2 days occasion and spending the night in Banff, the gas and the cost of food for the other 3 meals they will be there will definitely add up.

I am wondering if it is ideal to have a registry? We are not asking for anything specific since we already live together, but I was thinking a honeymoon fund.

I don't want to seem to eager for others to pay for our honeymoon, especially since this is going to cost at least $300 per person and even more if they do not have someone to share a hotel room with.

Let me know your thoughts if you were a guest!

Thanks Smiley smile

15 Comments

Latest activity by Maggnard-Smanta, on June 10, 2022 at 12:07
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi,

No registry for us, but monetary gifts are welcomed.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a zank you website just incase anyone asks about a registry or gifts but decided we wont be posting about it or sharing it unless asked

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing no registry and are kindly asking for cash if the guests feel so inclined to give a gift

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is such a cute poem! I may have to steal it LOL

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really like this! Thanks for the idea.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I think we are going to set up a honeymoon fund. A lot of our guests that know about the elopement are still asking about a registry.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is the thing, even though we have told a few people about our future small wedding and the explained to them the costs we are still getting questions about a registry. I think I may add it on the wedding website just incase.

• Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're another older couple who moved out long ago, and have lived together for several years. He has also been married once before.

On our website, I put this poem that I found online:

"We've been together for a while,
    And have a lovely home.
    There are not too many things
    That we don't already own.
    So please don't be offended,
    And please don't think we're brash,
    But if thoughts were on a present,
    We would much prefer the cash.
    But the choice is really up to you,
    As we would like to say
    That the best gift we could receive
    Is you, here, on our special day.

-----

Funds received on our wedding day will go towards home improvements: upgrading our backyard into an oasis, and renovating our basement bathroom."

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not doing a registry as my FH and I live together and we are grown folks lol. we have this o our website

As we are so lucky to have a home together, we have decided not to set up a registry. While having you at our wedding is all that we wish for, contributions towards our future together will be greatly appreciated

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are in the same position so no registry or shower here as well

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We never bothered setting up a registry because I didn't have a bridal shower. We already have a house and kids. There was just no point in one for us.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do a registry but still mentioned that monetary gifts were welcomed. Even if people are travelling to your wedding. They should at least leave you guys a decent amount of money… That’s just how I see it. You both are spending way more than your guests at the end of the day… Going empty handed to a wedding doesn’t sit well with me 😅
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wasn't going to create a registry (I honestly wasn't even sure they were still a thing) but then had a couple people ask for one so I just created a very small one on My Registry. We also had people travelling in, so this is how I ended up wording it on our wedding website:

Registry or No Registry? 1

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not doing a registry. We put in our invites this: as we don't have a gift list for all of you to see as we have everything we need in our home. Your presence at our wedding is a gift by itself. If you want to give nonetheless a monetary gift is one we suggest
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, with the amount they may have to spend to come to the wedding, I wouldn't ask. Those who want/are able to put money towards your honeymoon or buy something for you both will ask.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics