Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marie
Beginner June 2021 Ontario

Registry for zoom wedding?

Marie, on May 18, 2021 at 10:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
June 13, 2021 bride here. Things are looking bleak for having in-person guests. We already postponed from Sept 2020 and are considering going ahead with the 10 people restrictions and a livestream for friends and relatives, but we aren't sure what to do about the gift registry. We removed it from our wedding website since we have already been living together a couple years so we don't really need any more things (we were just going to replace some tired hand-me-downs and get some pretty serving bowls/platters so we're ready to entertain whenever covid is over), and feel awful to even ask for anything if guests can't attend in person but a few guests have asked if we're registered anywhere.
Should we re-add the registry to our website or just provide it to anyone who asks? What are other virtual wedding couples doing?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 25, 2021 at 13:30
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gift registry is great for guests asking about getting you something for your wedding. As you did say about not needing anything while living together for a few years now, monetary gift is acceptable to put towards an account for when you need it in the future or honeymoon when ready.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would add it back as an option for anyone that wants to send the happy couple a gift 💝
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say add it back to your website.
    It’s great that some people understand that due to Covid, you’re not able to have a grand celebration that you would have hoped for.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you planning to have a make up reception in the future? If so, maybe hold off on the registry until then?

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would add it back to your website. As you’ve said, a few people have asked for it. You don’t want to have to keep giving it to individual people every time they ask. And I don’t think anyone will feel pressured to buy you a gift if they’re not attending. But some people will definitely want to get you something or send a card to congratulate you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics