Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie January 2019 British Columbia

Registry for Couple Moving Abroad After Wedding

Alisha, on February 23, 2018 at 15:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hi guys,

Fiance and I will be moving abroad after we get married this year. We are not sure what to do about a wedding registry as we don't want to haul a bunch of things in our suitcases. I made an Amazon wishlist and so far just added smaller items or things we really want:

- Instax wide camera + film + cross body holder

- Duffle bag to replace the one I have now

- A lens for my DSLR, but it's pricey

We are thinking we would love Ikea gift cards, since we are moving to the Netherlands and will have a small place, but we don't think their cards work internationally. So, we are at a loss of what to ask for.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 26, 2018 at 14:30
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think gift cards are a great idea! You could even put some Dutch retailers on the list.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was just going to say I believe I've used IKEA gift cards internationally, but it looks like that's all resolved! Plus many retailers will let you put gift cards on registries, so you could register for a few small items, or even items related to travel, and add an option for guests to contribute towards a gift card, so you're asking for money without really asking!

What part of the Netherlands are you moving to? I used to live in Amsterdam, near Westerpark

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think in this case, encouraging money is a good option.

• A
    Newbie January 2019 British Columbia
    Alisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Turns out you can use IKEA cards internationally, so we added it to our list.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics