Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Registries for Bed Bath & Beyond

Stephanie, on February 6, 2019 at 10:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Hello all!

Just a quick question for anyone who has a registry with Bed Bath & Beyond! We have one and have started to receive wedding gifts from it! However we're noticing that on some of them the guest who bought it is putting their name down as "anonymous" to keep the gift a surprise. We are very grateful for everything we have been receiving but our problem is... If we don't know who sent the gift how to we thank them????

Just wondering what others have done if they have a registry with BB&B and received anonymous gifts as well!

TIA!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on February 10, 2019 at 16:38
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hope you solve the mystery 🙂
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So far no names on the delivery slips for some of the gifts.... I just hope people mention what they got for us! One of the gifts was over $200 and like.... I feel terrible not knowing who bought it....
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hopefully they write their name down on the card 🤔
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we also have Registries for Bed, Bath & Beyond. Have had it for months. Nope can't say that anyone has done that, not yet.

• A
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think its weird they choose to gift anonymously however I have looked into it and there was no way to take the option off! So i just hope everyone will put a card or tag on their gift! If not we will personalize thank yous for the ones we know and a general thank you for the ones we dont!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually called them and they said there's no way to do that... even take off the option of "Keep this gift a surprise!"

It's not horrible! Aside from mystery gifts I love the system and how they have everything set up! My mom isn't too happy that all of the gifts are going to her house though hahah! (we're planning on moving soon so I thought it was easier)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this is the best/only thing to do!

Thank you!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the other girls, suuuuper weird to gift anonymously.... but I agree with Tori, thank the people you can, and just a generic thank you for anyone else. It's their fault for not letting you know what they got you.

Maybe call BB&B and ask if you can put a note/rule on your registry moving forward that they must disclose their name? Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much, it's up to them to tell you by the purchase or a card that they got you something, otherwise they are opting out of a personalized thank you by their own choice.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We registered there and only received 1 anonymous gift. We just didn’t mention anything because we didn’t know who gave it to us. We just wrote “thanks for coming” and hoped whoever it was asked if we got it. No one has though.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is really odd, we did our registry though myregistry and I don't think that is an option. When it comes to thank you's if you still do not know who it came from I would just do a general thank you for coming. Hopefully you can figure it out though process of elimination.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super strange - I've never heard of someone putting 'anonymous' on a wedding gift. I like Tori's idea, actually, and that's what I'd do.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is the only idea I had as well, a few people have left their names with the items they got for us which is awesome! But yeah theres a few mystery gifts that we have received hahah!

Also I called them and they said theres no way to remove the anonymous feature or force people to put a name....
    The options are like:
    - include name information on package
    - keep this gift a surprise!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that’s so weird. Is there any way to remove the “amount” option from your registry?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well then... I had thought about registering but haven't done so yet... That is super weird that that is even an option but at the same time, how else would somebody input their name..

I guess there isn't any way to really ask the guests who gave what but it for sure makes it hard to write thank-yous...

Perhaps when you are writing down what guest gave what put all the guests who didn't give anything - if there are any, and have theirs just thank them for coming out that day and that you were happy they could share in your big day? If they wanna be anonymous then I guess they didn't want to be thanked for it?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics