Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Desiree
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Recycle flowers

Desiree, on February 20, 2020 at 21:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Does anyone know of a Canadian company hopefully in the Ontario area that recycles flowers from one event to another . I came across something like this on Instagram seems really cool but they are based in USA

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 25, 2020 at 11:07
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havent seen this in canada. however you can contact brides in the group and ask them if you can reuse their flowers. theres also a wedding group on fb called gta wedding marketplace and brides have been selling their flowers to other brides whose weddings are the next day or the next week try there as well

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't heard of any Canadian ones either. I like Tori's idea of trying to find a wedding before or after yours to share with.

And if that doesn't work you can make some little old ladies the happiest gals by donating them to a local nursing home. Bonus points if you drop them off the next day in your wedding clothes, you'll probably leave with a few new surrogate grandmas!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are ways to donate/gift flowers to other sources:

1. Nursing homes to brighten up the space for the elderly

2. Business owners that may appreciate it coming from you

3. Giving away during the reception for guests to take home if they wish

It does give a good part of you to know whomever it getting the flowers will always know you remember them.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like Tori’s idea of finding your wedding sister and doing a split. I have also never seen a Canadian company that does flower swapping. You could look into renting fake flowers. Thats eco friendly in the sense that the rental company and continuously reuse everything.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I've heard of that - I think you're talking about Bouquet for a day right? Man, I wish I could help you but I don't think that I've heard of a Canadian site that does the same thing yet. It's still fairly new so I don't know if that will be a thing for at least another year maybe.

Perhaps you could try looking on local wedding FB groups to find your own wedding day sister (like the day before or after) and see if they would want to go 60:40 with you? (I assume the first person pays more based on flowers might be less than perfect for the second day.)

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This may not apply at all but a few churches my FH knows of actually donate the flowers to old age homes and other churches in the area. I thought this was really nice actually!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics