Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner September 2022 Alberta

Reception Shoes?

Megan, on March 25, 2020 at 15:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

I am planning on switching my shoes after the ceremony and pictures for the reception. I have heels for the ceremony. I am trying to decide if I want to wear converse or flats for the ceremony. If I go with converse, they'll likely be black, unless I can find a pair of burgundy or similar ones. If I go with flats, they will be burgundy or white. Does anyone have suggestions for flats? Style and/or store would be helpful. My dress is lace but I dont have a problem with shoes also being lace.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:12
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im gonna wear flats my dress is super long and no one will see my feet anyways im just going to ardenes. they have white flats and ones that are sliver with sparklies ill probably buy the sparklie ones!

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wore converse to my graduation and it was fine. My dress won’t be that puffy so I’m not super concerned with them coming untied. I’m a converse girl so I’m leaning towards those. Thanks for the tip though!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore converse to prom and my only issue was that they kept coming untied. My dress was poufy so finding my feet was a struggle! But I danced all night and had no problem getting around the gardens where our school does photos so they were definitely the better choice.

I bought sparkle Keds for my wedding shoes. They're comfy and still special enough to me.
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a lot of difference. It would be up to you though!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The ship worldwide from the UK but with the currency difference and the shipping, a pair of shoes can cost about $168. I mean I think it would be cool but that's a huge difference.

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ME TOO! I was a little upset about that when I saw. You can always look and see though. Maybe they changed the shipping rules?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't even realize that. That sucks actually because I love Converse's, I wear them all the time.

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wonderful! I was hoping to get them on Boxing Day or something, so they're on sale and cost less.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought pale purple low top Chuck Taylor Converse for mine since our colour is purple. I can't wait to wear them! I got them from Journey's during a boxing day sale, but I know converse.ca has burgundy low topsReception Shoes? 1

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I looked into that recently. By the looks of it, they do not ship them to Canada sadly.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you go online you can actually custom make a pair of converses. They are about the same price you would pay in store too. I'm going to get custom ones for the dance as well so that I'm comfortable lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics