Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sherisse
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Reception Games

Sherisse, on April 27, 2019 at 19:46 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Hey Brides; are any of you have any games or fun entertainment at your reception? My Fiancé would love to some but we don’t know which ones. Any ideas?

thanks ladies

7 Comments

Latest activity by John, on November 22, 2019 at 07:47
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

I am planning to do some type of dancing game in order for the guest to win the center pieces. /

I want to do something that will have the whole table involved and everyone get a little loose.

I like the idea of "Hot Potato" just pass something around the table until the music stops, whoever it stops on sits down... go until there is a winner.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sherisse,

For my wedding, my mother-in-law had a traditional dragon/lion dance group come in an perform for us after we had our first ballroom dance. We did the shoe game/bouquet toss/garter toss. Our MC's told everyone that in order to make us kiss, they had to come up to the front to demo how they want us to replicate the kiss. And last but not least we had a photobooth.

For my sisters wedding, they did a questionaire game. Every table had questions about the bride and groom and whoever could get them all right first gets a prize.

If you have a bunch of kids attending, having a package with 1 sheet from a coloring book and crayons will be a nice touch if you have the time to put it together. I'm sure parents would appreciate that.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are toying with the idea of doing the shoe game. Otherwise we are going to have some board games and cards available for people who don't want to dance. We will also have a photo spot with some props.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the shoe game. And we had baskets on every table that was focused on a holiday where people could write notes, advice, memories, date ideas and we would open it on that holiday during our first year of marriage.
    I also saw a post on here about a photo scavenger hunt that looked neat.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing any games but we have a photo booth bus coming and it will be parked in the parking lot outside so after dinner when everyone is partying they can go outside into the booth and have some strip photos taken... It's unlimited photos and we get a usb with all the shots taken for the whole night.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on doing something fun for giving away the center pieces on each of the tables - like youngest at the table, pass to the person across from you, that person give it to the person on their left, sort of thing.

The shoe game is a good one as well.

There is an 'eye spy' game for the table. Give them a list of things to capture on film. Children dancing, mother of groom crying, guests silly expressions, guests kissing, that sort of thing.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know the shoe game is a hit! Definitely becoming very popular!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics