Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Reception bartender?

Autumn, on October 9, 2017 at 21:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Our caterer doesn't provide a bartender and we're having our wedding at a private location (our camp ). Is there a way to hire just a bartender? I searched kijiji but nothing came up. I know they'd need a smart serve but does a bartender mean a liquor license as well? We just need someone to pour mixed drinks, any suggestions??

5 Comments

Latest activity by Autumn, on October 12, 2017 at 14:53
  • A
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Autumn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for the ideas! I started reaching out and I think we found a bartender!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Serving alcohol does not necessarily mean you need a liquor license. Check out this site for info about a liquor license in Ontario.
    As for the bartender, I agree with everyone else that your caterer should know of someone in the area that either works with another caterer or that they have hired in the past.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Autumn! I'd definitely ask your caterer if they have any recommendations of people they've worked with in the past!

Also try searching for bartending services right here on WeddingWire! Here are a few companies I found in Ontario:

Fresh Pours

Bar-Belles Bartending

Cheers Bartending & DJ Services

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask the caterer if they have any contacts. Even if they don't provide any, they should have an idea of who to use. I would also ask the venue. There are people who do it and if you can't find anyone through the more conventional means, I would call up some local restaurant and bars to see if they can find anyone. You can also ask your friends if they know anyone who bartends. If you're having a simple bar set up (wine and beer for example), you don't really need a lot of skill.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With a private vendor for a venue you don’t need someone with preserve. Just a liquor license.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics