Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Super June 2018 Alberta

Real vs Faux Flowers

Ashley, on September 21, 2017 at 14:18 Posted in DIY 0 7

Hello beautiful brides!! Wondering if anyone is faux flowers. I'm wanting to faux to save some coin, but am wondering where would be the best place to shop. I'd also like to find daisies if possible. I'd rather not do real flowers.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Laurie, on September 27, 2017 at 16:26
  • Laurie
    Newbie January 2018 Quebec
    Laurie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in january so I definitively dind't wan't the trouble of keeping real flowers alive and nice. I ordered some fake baby's breath online and they are quite awesome for some fake flowers. I think I'll may put a couple of real ones in the small bouquet on the tables so it doesn't really look all the same. Pretty sure you can get some nice fake ones of every kind! Oh! And baby's breath, despite their name, smells like hell so a couple of hundred of them in the same room, not so good! lol! I also ordered some nice corsages with fake flowers for my girlfriends!!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s a good idea. I’m thinking I might just get mine from michaels

• JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re spending money on real flowers for our bouquets (3) and I’m making tissue paper flowers for our centrepieces. I got (3) shades of purple tissue and have figured out how to make them full bouquets. We also save money by using pasta jars instead of purchasing mason jars. I spray painted the jars rose gold then added rose gold sparkles to the bottom half. I think they look great and they are way more affordable than real flowers allowing us to spend money on other areas of the wedding.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!! I’m defintely on the look out!! ❤️❤️
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did paper flowers for our wedding and they were amazing! They looked so realistic but were must lighter, less expensive and you can get them in any colour you want! I got them from More Paper Than Shoes on Etsy.

I know that Michaels also has a large selection of fake flowers and they do sales all the time so if you sign up for their coupons, you should be able to get a great deal.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought all my flowers from the dollar store. Here is a picture of our bouquets.

Homemade Bouquets -

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley! You might want to jump into our discussion about real and faux flowers to get some ideas from there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics