Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Real or faux flowers?

Joey, on September 18, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hello everyone! What is your pick for your wedding day flowers? Real? Silk? Paper? Skipping flowers all together? Will you do different things for your bouquets and bouts than your centerpieces and decor? Let us know, and show us pics if you have them! Smiley flower

Real?Real?

Photo by Shared Seasons Floral Designs in Red Deer

Faux?Faux?

Photo by Forever Yours Paper Petals in Kitchener

Something unique?Something unique?

Photo by LeeJames Vintage Petals in Surrey

16 Comments

Latest activity by Charlotte, on September 24, 2017 at 10:13
  • Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi. Do you mind sharing that Etsy page with us
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with paper flowers and it was one of the highlights of our wedding! I loved the paper flowers because they were so unique and went with our theme. They were also less expansive, lightweight, you could choose any colour and you don't have to worry about them wilting! I now have my bridal bouquet in a vase as a centerpiece. We had put some individual flowers out on the tables and some of our guests took them home and now have them on display because they loved them so much!

Flowers and Centerpieces

Boutonniere

Tattoo

• L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's really hard to say since we're on a tight budget. Although my aunt makes bouquets & any decorations with flowers, so we might go with real! If not, a wonderful lady on here gave me a link to beautiful realistic looking (fake) flowers on an Etsy page. 😀 I was also thinking pumpkins, real/fake autumn leaves, decorated pinecones, DIY stuff with wood (thank you, Pinterest 😂), ahh the list goes on. I have too many ideas. 😂 We're having our wedding next October, so there's lots of time to browse Pinterest. 😂🍁☺
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with real flowers for everything. i found an amazing florist for a great price, plus I just really prefer the look of real flowers, especially for bouquets and bigger arrangements.

• Shannon
    Beginner November 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking faux flowers for bouquets simply because I seem to be allergic to every freaking flower out there lol. Skipping flowers for centerpieces as well and going with a rustic mason jar centerpiece I think.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going with faux flowers (www.afloral.com), for the simple reason that it's going to be less expensive. I'll be able to get exotic/out of season flowers for cheap.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those paper flowers are so cool!! But for me, it's real flowers all the way Smiley flower

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to go with silk floral arrangements for our centrepieces but decided on real.

• Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going with real flowers for everything except my main bouquet (since i know i'll want to keep that forever.)

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having real flowers. I like the look and feel of them better than faux (though faux has come a long way!).

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made bouquets using artificial flowers. I'll be having some real flowers for my centre pieces.

Homemade Bouquets  -

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were lucky enough to be given our flower package as a gift, so we went with real flowers. I love the look of real flowers, though silk has come a long way!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with real flowers. I love flowers a lot so i knew it would be tough for me to give those up.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me and my MOH are the only ones who will have real bouquets as we are the only girls in the party. The guys boutonieres will be crepe paper flowers.
  • Karina
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking real flowers! Id also like to add brooches to my flowers to get some sparkle in there

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like real flowers for bouquets! We did real flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres. For our centerpieces we put some fake flowers in there, but it was mainly a candle centerpiece anyways; the flowers just add some colour!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics