Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Random thought for the day

Kelly, on March 20, 2019 at 17:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

My florist has an amazing blog with very helpful posts. Today she posted about how to keep your wedding flowers looking great all day, which got me thinking...I REALLY want to enjoy my bouquet for the days after the wedding, but we're leaving for our honeymoon almost right away. Like....can I take it with me? lol. It would be fun to take pictures with it along the way haha, but in reality, it would probably dry up and not last Smiley sad

What did you do / what are you planning to do with your bouquet after the wedding? I would really love to preserve mine in some way. Like putting the blooms in a shadowbox picture frame.

Even if you're not in Manitoba, check out my florist's blog. She's got great advice on style, pricing, and has built the most beautiful business.

https://www.stonehouseweddings.com/blog

Shadow BoxRandom thought for the day 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on April 17, 2019 at 16:49
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I had done a shadow box, but I also didn't live anywhere near my venue so didn't get to hang on to my bouquets or centerpieces. I've seen some totally beautiful preserved ones. Another idea I love is taking the petals from just a few of the flowers and putting them in an ornament, that might be an easier compromise if you can't take your whole bouquet with you, just hang onto a few flowers while you travel

Found this ornament idea on PinterestRandom thought for the day 2

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up ordering a bouquet essentially made out of wood so that I can keep it forever! It was reasonably priced, shipped quickly, and they allow you to customize based on budget and vision.

https://www.craftflower.co/product-category/weddings/

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3Zm

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to pull a couple flowers from my bouquet and get them preserved one way or another and then tossing the bouquet at the wedding.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enjoyed that article Smiley smile I would see if your able to get a family member or friend hang for you or see if your florist does shadow boxes and have someone drop it off to her next day to complete

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A shadowbox is a great idea! I will definitely look into this.

I will also be getting a custom embroidered bouquet - there are a few artists on etsy who will do something like this for a very reasonable cost. It's not as good as having the original bouquet forever, but I think it's a really great keepsake.

image_e68c37f8-2bbd-4343-aecf-d062d22efd

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great blog, thanks for the link.

Yes, I want to enjoy my flowers too. I'm not sure about preserving them in a shadow box, or just enjoying them while they are alive (we don't leave for our honeymoon for 2 weeks)

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the shadow box idea. This is for sure what I plan on doing after our wedding.
    You spend so much money on flowers and it would be nice to keep them preserved somehow!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics