Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Raffle vs stag and doe

Cathy, on August 26, 2017 at 17:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Can anyone who has done a "beer for a year" (or any type of raffle that you did instead of having a stag and Doe), explain how it works exactly and is it even worth it? Appreciate it! Trying to see if it's worth it financially

6 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on November 4, 2018 at 15:56
  • J
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anyone know if you need to have a license to do this ???
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! I am definitely setting this up!

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Corina! We had tickets printed that had a stub you could tear off. We had people write their name/phone number on that stub, which the person selling the ticket kept. Then we put all the ticket stubs in a big bowl to draw the winner from. We also numbered the tickets, just in case the persons writing wasn't totally legible, we could match it with the owner who kept the other end of the ticket. I had a friend who worked at a theatre that printed the tickets for us, but you can buy the print at home ones from staples, or order online.
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Kathy! This is what I am hoping to do with my wedding party, just wondering how you kept track of who bought tickets? Did you number them and have the people selling keep track of who bought what numbers? Also how did you print off tickets?

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recently organized a "booze cooler" raffle for my bestie (I was her MOH), since they didn't want to have a stag and doe. Everyone in the bridal party donated a bottle of liquor (there were 10 of us) and I bought the cooler. We filled it with the booze, took a picture and printed up raffle tickets to sell for $5 each or 5 for $20. The bridal party as well as some close family members sold tickets for a month, then we did the draw live on facebook at the bride/groom's house. we ended up raising $1500 for them. Considering we didn't have to plan/host a stag and doe which is A LOT more work, they thought that was pretty awesome!

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry stag and doe for us, but am following this post to find out how to do that raffle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics