Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Frequent user May 2019 Quebec

Questions for Dj/entertainment

Sonia, on November 20, 2017 at 22:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hey hey ladies!!!
So im on my sofa battling a stomach bug trying to draft up a list to ask our potential DJ and entertainment. We already know the DJ we want as my FH knows him and we’re ok with him being 500$ more. We’re more concerned about the mc so I’m just wondering what type of questions you ladies asked to maybe give me some ideas.

My main question is if we’re allowed to have our party enter with the songs they prefer. As I know of some djs who are totally against that.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sonia, on December 20, 2017 at 18:13
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m relieved to know that our DJ is providing us pretty much with a booklet of songs and languages we want spoken. Also requests that we would like to hear
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your DJ should provide a sheet to give options of timing and song selection you want tp played and whose names should be on there in order. Our DJ was good with taking requests. One thing i was made aware is ask about being certified, proof of trade.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, the worst I saw was a MC who would speak too much into the mic and you couldn't understand what he was saying, but yours are way worse. Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out!

• Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! I’m paranoid because when my FH sister for married their dj was a total jerk and made a big deal out of requests and songs that they came into. Or I went to a wedding and the kids came into some “sex” song and I found it highly inappropriate. And I really don’t want that. If I’m hiring you to DJ my wedding, I expect there to be a compromise. Like my parents are total bon jovi and kiss fans so I want them to come into something like that.

As for the mc we need someone who isn’t sleazy (as one wedding became a total strip club) or that doesn’t forget the bridal party order/names.

turns out I couldn’t go yesterday because I got food poisoning and still wasn’t well so we’re trying to reschedule which leaves me more time to think up questions 😜
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So when my sister got married, the wedding party all came into the same song, we couldn't choose our individual preferences. Only the bride and groom could pick the song. Definitely something to check with them!

Maybe ask them if they have any video from a previous wedding they did, just to get there approach to an evening. I'm sure a lot of them post things on YouTube or even have people they work with take video on their phones. You would hate for them to be the type of MC that give cheesy jokes all the time lol.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically you're allowed to customize whatever you want. We were ale to build our own cocktail hour playlist, give a no-go list for requests and tons more customization. My thought is if you know what types of custom requests you have, ask them up front to see if they can accommodate. Most times in my experience vendors have said yes, it's just a matter of asking. We used the DJ as our MC and just gave him the list of names to announce and the order of speeches. You could also ask if you have further customized requests in the future if you can add them to your package, that may help with knowing how flexible they'll be in the future.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Another question to ask is how many microphones and if you are allowed to use them? (Or if you have to use the halls sound system- some weddings have had that and the music is too loud to hear speaches so I would double check that Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics