Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2023 Quebec

Questions about different options?

Julie, on December 16, 2022 at 08:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi! I just got engaged last weekend so I'm in the super beginning stages of gathering ideas and stuff. I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on what certain terms mean that I've been seeing on different vendor profiles on this app. I know what plated dinner means, but what is banquet style (is that like buffet?) What do stations mean? Also what does "limited bar" mean (is that a cash bar or something different?)

Thanks so much in advance!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on December 20, 2022 at 02:05
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Limited bar could be drink tickets so that a finite amount of drinks are paid for and served, or it could mean host/cash bar where you or your guests pay per drink. This is opposite of an open bar where you pay a fee per head and everyone can drink all they want.

Stations are particular spots on the banquet floor for serving a particular item. Late night snacks like a burger bar and pizza are usually done at stations instead of served table side. Some people may serve a ham or prime rib roast via a carving station where guests walk up to the station to get a serving instead of having it brought to the table.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Welcome to Wedding Wire and Congratulations on your engagement.

Seems like Vinod and Brittany answered your questions.

Do not hesitate to ask the group

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Banquet service does mean buffet as guests help themselves and lower costs as to the plated service. I would love to see stations offered so that international food can be served if it was available and in a creative way.

Limited bar means they serve alcohol for a few hours and then its up to you to pay for the guests or have tickets/cash bar for them to pay on their own. Open bar isn't available everywhere as they lost on the cost now a days.

• J
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah ok great, thank you so much for the information!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Usually when it is limited like that, the couple is paying. But it is totally up to you.

I went to 3 weddings this year and 2 of them had limited toonie bar. So it was only certain beer and spirits offered and everything was $2.00

• J
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the response! So if it's a limited bar, its still like an open bar but with less options, or do the guests have to pay?
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello & Welcome to Wedding Wire Smiley smile

Banquet Style just means a meal for a large number of people. So if a caterer has on their website they provide banquet meals - just talking about that they serve a large number of people.

As for limited bar - this is when only limited number of drinks are available. So instead of providing a full service bar full of spirits, beer, coolers, wine, etc; some couples will choose to only serve beer and wine. This brings down the costs tremendously.

Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics