Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaytee
Devoted September 2017 Alberta

Question about wine and how to serve it

Kaytee, on August 20, 2017 at 12:41 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15

Hey,

So we are buying all of our own alcohol but have two different options of how to serve it:

Leave one bottle of each red and white on the table and then people just open that and drink it

or

Leave one drink ticket for a red bottle and one drink ticket for a white bottle and then people can go up and get that bottle (Our caterer told us this is a better way to not waste the liquor especially if you can return empty bottles to the people you bought the wine from and get your money back).

Also, do you serve drinks during the speeches?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kaytee, on January 2, 2018 at 11:04
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, we ended up doing that, leaving a bottle on each table for people to serve themselves.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wines on the table make it easy foe ypur guests to help themselves rather than going to the bar. I had the bottle service dinner time. It would have been nice to leave the bottles if we were allowed to buy our wines.
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That does sound a lot easier.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a bottle of red and a bottle of white wine on each table and then at the head table we had two white, 1 red, and 2 bottles of champagne or something like that. It was easier that way in my opinion.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha lmao!!!!
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol I already know who those people are.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is very true.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a good idea and sends out the right vibe.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have 4 kinds of wine options; 2 reds and 2 whites
    All our wine will be at the bar station and people will have to go over to refill. There will be no bartender so its kind of a free for all. And because there will be nobody monitoring the bar, if someone REALLY wants to they can just grab a bottle of whatever they want and take it back to the table (that person will probably be me... And my aunt... And my mother...).
    The reason for not putting them on the tables is to try to limit the number of bottles opened at a time and to give the guests more choice on which wine they want to drink, so that we dont end up wasting a bunch at the end of the night. I don't get a refund for the unopened bottles, but i do get to keep them all haha.
    We will def encourage guests to refill during speeches if they would like- we are going for a more informal vibe anyway. This is what my brother and sister in law did at their wedding and it worked well.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At our wedding, there will be 3 bottles of wine per table of 10. Since we have 3 tables of 8 and one of 6, they'll probably put 2 bottles on each table and one on the head table for my husband and I. We have an open bar people can get a drink whenever. Most people won't get a drink while the speeches are ongoing. They'll probably get it before or after speeches.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We all have those friends and family members that will finish the bottles off by going to the other tables lol
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope, just 1 red and 1 white so I think you are right, someone will always drink the red and someone will always drink the white. And I KNOW some people will go around to the tables during the night at some point and steal other peoples almost empty bottles of wine. lol.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are the tickets on the table? I understand the concept of this and the reason why, for our Stag and Doe we are running the bar and will be returning all unopened bottles of liquor and beer for a refund, I don't want to spend anymore then we have to. With your tables if one person wants white or red they still will go and get a bottle, so that is defeating the purpose of having the tickets I think, I may be completely wrong in my thinking but I've never seen a full table only drink red or white. Also are the tables allowed more then one bottle of white and red? I can see that being the savings there, your tables may drink 2 bottles of red and only need 1 white.
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes alot of sense. Thanks for the advise. I think we are just going to leave the wine in the tables.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good morning,

We are doing one bottle of red and white wine on the tables. It is easier and one less thing for guests to worry about getting bottles of wine for table. We will give everyone a fifteen minute warning to get drinks before speeches begin. I only want speeches to be around 20 minutes long anyways so should not be a big deal. If you are not serving drinks during speeches please make sure cups are big enough for people to have enough alcohol to drink/toast to couple. Went to a wedding where bar was closed during speeches and cups were super tiny, I finished my drink in two sips.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics