Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joy
Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia

Pros and Cons of Different Closures?

Joy, on December 5, 2022 at 16:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 1

I'm designing and sewing my own garment, and I'm currently trying to think of what the best way to get in and out of it. I'm doing a V-neck design with a higher back so I could do buttons up the front, but I'm not sure how that would look after the waist. A lot of the sewing books I've consulted (from the 80s-90s) just do a zipper up the back, or in some cases, have a zipper and buttons up the back which sounds like a lot. Does anyone have experiences with certain things being easier or harder to wear, or pros and cons to the type of dresses you've tried?

I've seen all sorts of things from buttons and zippers, to less common things like ribbon that gets tied, snaps of different kinds, invisible zipper down a side seam, or hook and eye type closures. I know I don't want Velcro, but there are lots of options and I'm not sure what would be best. I'm still at the testing out the fit stage, and I know how to do a variety of closures, but don't feel like trying them all, and need to have some idea before I buy the final fabric so I know how much and what else I'll need.

1 Comment

Latest activity by Stevie, on December 7, 2022 at 11:10
  • Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like a zipper back is most common and you could always add decorative buttons up the zipper that aren’t actually functional if you like the look better. I love the idea that you’re seeing your own garment - I know it’s going to look incredible 😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics