Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Proposal Perfection - What was your favourite part about the proposal?

Joey, on January 28, 2019 at 09:22 Posted in WeddingWire 0 28

What was your very favorite part about your proposal? Did something they said or did show how well they knew you? Was it how much effort was put in? Was it how intimate the moment was?

What was your favourite part about the proposal?

Proposal Perfection - What was your favourite part about the proposal? 1

Photo by Jessilynn Wong Photography in Toronto

Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your proposal! If you'd like to keep talking about the big moment, start at the beginning of Proposal Perfection! Or tell us more about you, your partner, and your love story in the games Can't Help Falling In Love, Anything you can do, I can do better!, and Back to Basics.

28 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on September 25, 2019 at 22:16
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cuddling and snuggling afterwards and making long term life plans
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just that it felt like a fairytale moment for me Smiley smile

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, just knowing he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Cheesy and cliche, but the honest truth Smiley xd

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly all of it. It didn't even feel real. IT was perfect. My favourite place in the world with my favourite person. It was simple yet huge and just amazing

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, the immediate aftermath. Telling my parents (who were there), and then calling the rest of our immediate family and being able to say "We're Engaged!" I was so excited. Also the whole being surrounded by Christmas lights thing. It makes the memory so magical.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Watching her react. The cute smiles to total surprise to excitement was 100% worth the wait.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The location - it was literally the most perfect spot for us.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His words. Even though I don’t remember them! Haha
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This might sound vain but it was seeing and hearing about how much thought, time and energy he had put into the proposal. He had been secretly working his ass off for months in order to pull it all together and it really showed. There was so much thought in every detail, I was and forever will be floored by the whole thing!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything! we also got to celebrate the next day at Disneyland, so i wouldn’t change a thing!
  • Alli
    Frequent user November 2019 Alberta
    Alli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's so cliche; but everything. It was everything I wanted. A surprise, intimate, thoughtful, and so very us. He was so thoughtful about each part of the whole evening and it was just so beautiful Smiley shame Smiley heart

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everything. It was just the two of us, relaxing at a beautiful and quiet camp ground. We didn't have to go see any family or anyone right after. We were able to enjoy the moment just us for a whole week. It was all perfect.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was very much "us". We aren't a super gushy romantic couple so it was not overly cute or drawn out or planned.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How intimate it was and that we had our maternity photos afterwards which sort of doubled as engagement photos
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just how intimate it was done at home. I’m not a fan of big and public so it was perfect
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The whole thing was really us! I did like how he kept the ring hidden from me (it was in our house for a month).

I enjoyed hearing his side of things afterward, how he knew it was time, how he was slightly nervous, how he thought about proposing by the ocean but knowing us, someone would drop the ring, how he called my parents while I was in the airport washroom lol. I didn't notice that he chose different security lines deliberately but when he told me why, it made more sense! I thought he was acting weird throughout the trip but I just shrugged it off as being tired/quiet from travelling, but then I found out why!

Also our friend who was with us was the one he bought the ring from, so hearing how excited she was for the last month was neat too!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wasn't expecting it to be on Valentine's Day so it was a nice surprise! Especially since he came home early to set up a charcuterie board for me since I was too sick to leave the house. I also liked that we were alone!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd never seen him cry before (and haven't since), but he definitely got teary after I said yes. I can't even think about it now without getting emotional!

Another thing... We don't live together (families are way too traditional for that), so we usually meet up somewhere and take one car from there when we go out. On that day, he had parked up the street from my parents' house, watched me leave in my car, then when I was out of sight, ran up to talk to my mom and formally ask for her permission to ask me to marry him. Then he had to make up an elaborate story about why he was slightly late when he finally met up with me. Looking back now I can't believe I didn't figure it all out. Just the thought of him trying to hide in this ridiculously flashy bright yellow classic car... so funny!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it was the fact that we had no cell reception while in the mountains, so we got to enjoy our engagement in "privacy" for about 2 hours, before going back to our hotel room and making calls.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How much of a surprise it was! I honestly had no idea. I also love that he included the family on the trip and we have a beautiful set of pictures from it

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was so impressed and moved by how much effort he took to plan it (most of all because he's not a planner AT ALL - he's 100% the impulsive one) and work with my family and even my boss to make it go perfectly!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was such a surprise! We had talked about marriage before but I still never really thought "when" totally caught me off guard! I'll never forget that feeling!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly just the proposal in general, i knew he had a ring so I was getting impatient. I was excited to finally tell everyone and start planning. I made a point to not look at anything wedding related until we were engaged.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He surprised me. I honestly had no idea it was coming, so I was genuinely surprised. I always thought I’d know for sure the moment he’d do it but I was so wrong lol.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of it honestly, I know it didn't go as planned but what he had planned was really sweet and he had asked my parents for permission- really old school I know lol but still meant a lot. He showed them the ring to make sure it was okay and all that

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really, all of it. It was perfect for us.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably the fact that he was tearing up. he's not an emotional person so that meant a lot to me.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite part of my proposal was probably where I proposed.

I chose to propose to my FH at the winter light show and now every year we can go and revisit it. I can just picture us going back there when we have children and can tell them about how Mommy proposed to Daddy Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics