Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan

Programs

Lyz, on May 15, 2017 at 19:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
So, I really just need to complain for a minute because I'm very stressed out and my FH and wedding party just don't seem to understand right now. We ordered our wedding programs off of Vista print and it literally took me hours to do it, and review it constantly and get the go ahead. all looked well, ordered and just got them in the mail today. was oohing and aweing at how pretty they were and then I realized that I totally messed up on the back for the wedding party and gave someone the wrong title. FH doesn't want to use them so now we have to order them again. I am so frustrated and feel so stupid because everything I've done lately I seem to have messed up. my FH is telling me not to beat myself up over it, but it's an expensive mistake and weddings are expensive enough as it is. My mom is calling it "wedding brain", but I'm honestly so frustrated with myself. I know it's really not a "huge" deal, but I think I'm so stressed because I've literally done everything, so I don't feel like anyone else is understanding why it's such a big deal to me. Either way, it's a big deal to me right now, and that's all that should matter, right?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 11:42
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To take the anger if you. I do order from vistaprint often. Let them know you're not happy with the product and a mistake needs correcting. They will send you another set out to you. Your big deal is important to you.
  • L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of people have offered some good advice. definitely take your time and step away from it to look at it with fresh eyes!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened. I'm the same way! I give my all, assume everything is good and then end up finding mistakes. I'm scared to print out my wedding invites, details card and response cards in case I mess something up.

• L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the advice! I'm thinking I'm going to look at the guest list again and just do one per family instead to help cut costs. we can def pay for it all again if we have too, it's just irritating knowing it's a waste of money. thanks for the reply!
  • L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Zoe! I will!
  • L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my.. I'm sorry you also went through this!
  • L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very good point! I'll be keeping my eyes out for a huge sale haha. thank you!
  • L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks so much! I told my FH I'm not doing them again without him, and have arranged two people to send to to proofread so then we will have 4 sets of eyes!
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone else. Don't get too stressed about it! It happens. I would maybe take a step back and relax. It sounds like it was all a lot of work and mistakes happen. I do a lot of proofreading so I'd also recommend never sending anything to print right after finishing it. Just save it take a break for a few hours or until the next day and look again. It's also a good idea to read everything aloud and slowly because it makes you go slower.

Don't worry! At least there is always a sale at vistaprint. Maybe you can order only half of the programs so it's one per couple instead of for everyone or place them upright on the table so that there's only 2 or 3 per table displayed. I'm not sure what the plan is for them but there's a few ways to save some money there if that's an issue.

• L
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the idea! yeah, we are lucky and aren't getting married for another 3 and a half months so we can still fix it. thanks for the reply!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lyz, Don't worry about it. This things can happen. You did your best and that is the most important thing. Can't wait to see them! Share it with us when they are finished. Smiley love

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't beat yourself up... Our first draft of the invitations had the year wrong... Showed it to 5 different people besides ourselves no one noticed.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't worry. The past is in the past. Your frustration is understandable. I've had that issue my whole life. I've always given 150% at everything I do, so when others don't, or when I don't feel appreciated for it, I get very disappointed. That being said, it's my own fault because I'm setting expectations! And when you do that, you set yourself up for disappointment. If it was your friend that made the mistake, would you be hard on them? Probably not! Smiley smile So don't be so hard on yourself! Wait until Vista Print has a big sale, 40% or 50% off and print it again after the changes! You'll be OK!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally understandable. And you know what probably would have helped? Having a second set of eyes to look at them before they went out. Sounds like the stress is about doing more than your fair share. Maybe if you explained it would make this better for you if you could get some help, someone would be willing to step? Otherwise, you're doing great!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally understand your frustration! You spend so much time on things and then it is beyond frustrating to catch a mistake after the fact. I would recommend having your mom or your MOH look things over for typos because they might catch things that you and your fiance don't see. It's always good to have an extra set of eyes that hasn't been working on the project. Luckily you still have some time so hopefully you can wait for a good sale before you reorder!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics