Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Program Help

Holly, on May 1, 2019 at 19:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hello, I am finishing up my wedding programs and I am having trouble with a few things.

First thing. Where it has the names of parents I'm a bit conflicted.. my parents are divorced and remarried. My stepmom is included in the wedding ceremony, being walked in by my older brother. My stepdad has no part in the ceremony at all, and that's the way I intend to keep it! So I feel that since my stepmom is included it makes sense to have her name on the program but I know my mom will take offense because I will not add my stepdads name. So should I just not add my stepmoms name? I feel that's probably best since I don't want to upset my mom but I also think anyone included in the ceremony should be named.. maybe I'm just over thinking. What do you think?

Second. Under wedding party it has MOH, bridesmaids, BM, groomsmen and ring bearer. So all the names are listed but the ring bearer is our 6 month old son who will be walked down the aisle by my younger brother and my other brother will be walking in my mom and stepmom. How do I add them to the list of those in the wedding party? I don't know what title they have.. they aren't ushers so I don't want to use that so I'm really stuck with this. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on May 3, 2019 at 15:07
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would honestly put all parents and step parents, and children! The program is something usually just a formality for the church and really... 90% of them will end up in the garbage. I would include anyone and everyone you can! Give them that little bit of excitement to see their name and almost everyone else will read it over once and that will be the end of it!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like you're going to put your stepmom's name in the program - I would since she does have a role in the wedding. I'm sure your mom won't b*tch about it the day-of but at that point, what's done is done!

As for your son, I would have your brothers listed as "accompanied by" like Robyn suggested!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I think I may add her name. I'm at the point now where I am just done trying to tip toe around people to avoid hurting feelings..
    I really like the accompanied by idea! I think that could work really well
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with your gut and include your stepmom's name. Your mom has to remember that it's your wedding and it's about so much more than just one person's feelings. It sounds a bit coldhearted but you could also try laying the guilt on her. My future mother in law has been complaining about a lot of things recently related to my and my FH choosing not to include certain cultural traditions from her side. I tried making her feel bad about pushing her culture on me and while it isn't the nicest means of dealing with the issue, it actually worked. Weddings are so much trickier than I anticipated, jeez.
    As for the ring bearer's buddies, you could put "accompanied by" and then their names?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics