Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carina
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Print wedding invitation myself at print shop

Carina, on July 14, 2017 at 13:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 14

Hi, I'm planning to buy the invitation file from Esty and print it at print shop, is it cheaper than order the cards online?? Do you guys have any ideas around how much the invitation costs if i print it at print shop? I'm looking for either water color paper texture or hard cardboard material, will the print shop provide it to me?

For the invitation cards, I'm looking for a flat card format, with simple water color floral wreath design and calligraphy fonts........not fancy details. And where can I buy the color envelope?? also at print shop?

any print shop in Toronto recommend?

Thanks so much for the help!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 5, 2018 at 21:41
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Print shops may not give you a discount as Vistaprint does. 50% off saved me lots. Picture of the quality i ordered from vistaprint site.

Print wedding invitation myself at print shop 1
  • Carina
    Carina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks alot!!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin printed hers at staples for .30 each. You just need to check with staples on what type of paper you can print on. Not all of their printer will take all types of paper.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had one of the inserts printed through Vistaprint I have lots of extras but it was $40 for 100 and if you wait you can get them 50% off.

• Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! It was a local print store in Montreal. I see you're based in Toronto...do you still want the details? Otherwise, try looking up stores that print banners/cards/posters and the likes. I know Staples offer those kinds of services too but I chose the other print store because I had a recommendation
  • Sharon
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Natalie! This sounds like a great deal? Do you mind sharing the name of the shop you used?

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The print shop I use for everything is called TPH The Printing House in Whitby. I've had custom sign work, business cards and gifts printed there and they are always bursting with fresh ink. We tried invitations from vista print and they were supposed to be black, they were a dull shade of black, something just a bit off about them. I had business cards printed with them a month ago and they were actually really nice (got them for an amazing price too). I suggest ordering a sample. I did go through the invites and that was an option.
  • Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Friends of ours had their invites done on vistaprint and they look fabulous! I can't comment on how much they paid for how many but I will likely use vistaprint for our invites when the time comes.
  • Carina
    Carina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Ashley,

Do you mind to tell me which print shop did you go to? any recommend if Vistaprint is not as nice as professional print shop? thanks!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the same thing- Etsy and using a print shop. We got the entire package from Etsy. I've seen some invitations (in person) from vista print and in my opinion they are just not as nice as those printed with a professional print shop. The invites we were quoted $40 for printing 60, $20 for RSVP's and $25 for thank you's. The Etsy bundle was $45.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good question. I would like to know myself if it's cheaper to print at a print shop. I did vista and it was cheap .. 50 bucks for 80 invites plus envelopes and address labels. But I got matte finish when I wish I got gloss finish because I had a photo of us on ours.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had mine printed at a shop. I didn't order at Etsy but my hubby created them with photoshop. It was a 2 sided postcard styled card and I chose a nice glossy cardstock. Got them printed 100 invites for 30$. I guess it depends how intricate the design is or if it's a large file but I was surprised how cheap it was!
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just call or email around and get quotes. I found it was cheaper to print on vistaprint even with an original file. I waited for a 1/2 off sale and upgraded the stock and it was still under $50.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting your invitations printed on vista print, especially when they have a 40% or 50% off sale, is pretty cheap. You can get 100 for about $100, and they come with envelopes. Its an extra $10.00 for heavy duty cardstock, so, take that into consideration. They also offer personalized envelopes, but I think if you want color ones, you'd have to get them separately. Not sure about print shops in Toronto, but the ones I checked out around here could not compete with that kind of pricing.

Also, if you want a heavier material, you will get charged more for postage. Just FYI.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics