Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie November 2022 Ontario

Price increase

Taylor, on February 20, 2021 at 16:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
The venue we are looking to book has a great 2022 price, I'm just looking for anyone's experience if they know how much prices increase for the next year, we were originally looking at December 2022 but the date we wanted is already booked, so we changed our mind to Feb 2023, I'm hoping it's. Not going to be a lot more expensive

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 28, 2021 at 17:19
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The price for the venue can change without telling you in advance. You should inquire before booking and see if there is a price increase. When we booked for the year 2017 in 2016, we were told the price would go up by $10 per person though the room rates also changed which was notified to all family making reservations with the venue.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did they not give you a 2023 menu for consideration when they told you 2022 is booked? If not, ask if the current price/menu is applicable to your 2023 booking.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should talk to your venue. Usually when you sign a contract with a certain price, you are locked into that price even if prices increase the following year.

My fiance and I booked our venue in 2018 for our 2020 wedding (we've since had to postpone to 2021) and since we signed a contract with a certain price we don't have to pay extra since we're locked in for the price we paid. Our venue has gone up almost $3000 since we booked

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You would have to ask the venue. Our price was locked in as soon as we booked with no price change. We have 2018 prices since we have been planning for so long 😆. Even postponing a year they kept the original price for us....
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lot of venues will give you the 2021 price of you book in 2021, maybe a touch above if they are expecting to increase their prices for each season. Generally it's an early bird gets the cheaper worm situation!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually if you book early you can lock in the current price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics