Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Beginner May 2021 Alberta

Pregnancy/ gender reveal at wedding

Elizabeth, on March 11, 2020 at 00:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
I will be 5 months on our big day and we are going to keep it a secret until then. We were wanting to reveal we are expecting and then do a gender reveal right after but I don’t know if that would be too much in one night, if we should tell people before the big day . What do you think? How would you feel about it if you were at a wedding?
We were thinking of putting a picture of us holding the baby picture at the end of our slide show saying mommy & daddy October or something. Idk
And then doing a balloon gender reveal. Do you have any other ideas ?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carly, on March 17, 2020 at 06:46
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing an announcement that your pregnant during a slideshow would be great, than surprising everyone with the gender reveal as you do the cake cutting would be sooooooooo cute. You’d also get such great pictures of that moment, and I can only imaging the video if you don’t tell people that you decided to sneak in a gender reveal, lots of surprises reaction :b
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Putting 2 events together is great without knowing what to expect and part of your décor can be balloons with a black one in the middle kept by the head table as you show the slides and the pregnancy one at the end for the surprise. Then in the speech, you announce that there is a reveal and before/after dinner, have the one person you trust to pop the balloon for the honours.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg that sounds beautiful! Congratulations mommy and daddy to be!!!! I think it would be such a special announcement! You could do the balloon reveal, you could maybe even have the colour inside your wedding cake if you're having one, or maybe a piñata with coloured candy and confetti inside, or maybe even just a simple confetti canon! Lots of fun ways to share your special news ♥️
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our friends did a gender reveal at their wedding and they had the layer of their wedding cake that they were cutting coloured pink for the reveal!!

They had their son commentate in the microphone as they cut the cake yelling it was pink for a sister! So cute and memorable, and lots of fun, more suspense with the cake cutting too Smiley smile

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's too much. If I were a guest at someone's wedding and they also did this announcement I'd be excited! Might as well too if you don't want to have to organize another event after the wedding.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great idea!! everyone will find out together. i would tell everyone to watch the slide like set aside time in the wedding evening for slide show watching and make a specific one for the baby at the end and have everyone watch it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics