Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Pre-wedding skincare or beauty treatments!

Stefanie, on February 5, 2021 at 11:07 Posted in Beauty 0 12
Curious, has anyone switched up their skincare routine or plan to do any Pre-Wedding beauty treatments?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Andre, on May 17, 2023 at 20:30
  • Jane
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The key preparations are to eliminate stress and follow the diet. These really influences my skin.
  • Makita
    Ontario
    Makita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started a new skincare routine about 3 months prior to my wedding day! I used a ton of products but here are the ones I think are definitely worth mentioning:

Super Glow - Really evened out my skin tone which was important for when I am bare skinned.

Crème de la Mer - Best moisturizer I have ever used.

LashMagic Pen - This one gave me the most notice results. Made my eyelashes super long reducing the need for as much mascara.

Best wishes!

Edited by WeddingWire
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My skin is very sensitive and acne prone skin, so will not be doing anything new for a routine. All I do is use Cetaphil cleanser morning and night. Cetaphil moisturizer morning and night with a bit of eye cream before bed.

I also have a holy grail face mask that I use from Lush and is seriously a game-changer. It's called "Catastrophe Cosmetic" and I highly recommend it to you if you want to get rid of any red, irritated, textured skin!

• B
    Manitoba
    Barny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Less carbs and less experimentation. If you do find acne, I suggest you try some natural or organic acne treatments . Lemons, zinc paste, tea oil, hydrocolloid patches

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My family has a history of having their skin look like extremely wrinkled. I have always been terrified of it. I started using wrinkle creams at 18. I am 25 now and I totally have some wrinkles 😜 not crazy bad but I have lines on my forehead, eyes and mouth that are not concealable.

My skincare routine right now: Morning: Wash face with acne face wash Use mushroom toner Put on eye cream and face creamPut on moisturizer that doubles as a primer.Evening:Wash face with acne face wash and pmd clean face washerUse the tonerPut eye cream and an overnight masky face mask Each week(not in the same day)I exfoliate with an exfoliating cleanserI shave with one of those girl razors that removes all your dead skin cells tooA soothing cucumber mask
    I’m not sure if I’m going to add anything to my routine for the wedding I think my skincare right now is ok
  • Bailey
    Curious October 2021 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve actually always lagged with skincare even though I was a cosmetics manager for about 2 years it’s something I always brushed off . My New Years resolution was to do my skincare routine every night and I have succeeded ! I have combo skin , acne prone and some scaring . I started using zo skin health (can only be bought from a dermatologist) and since January I have noticed such a drastic difference in the texture of my skin ! I honestly would suggest it to anyone ! Also no7 brand from shoppers has some amazing products that I use aswell !!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will defiantly be taking more care of my skin about 4 months before the wedding. I've already talked to my makeup artist who's suggested a few things to help with having radiant skin for my big day.

If you have a makeup artist for your wedding, maybe talk to them and see if they have any special recommendations. They usually know a lot about skin care.

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never been big on skin care. But more recently i have started moisturizing daily. And NEVER going to bed with any make up residue.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess I'm going to be as vigilant as I can be about drinking water. I am in a chronic state of dehydration. As much as I try it doesnt seem to help. I know I feel better when I drink water 😆.
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have sensitive, acne prone skin, so this is something that I wanted to get on top of nice and early. I started experimenting with different products about 7 months out, and have found a couple that I LOVE! I've been trying to really form a habit of it so that my skin is glowing before the day. Tomorrow, I'm actually going for a consultation at a medical aesthetic clinic to figure a treatment plan for my skin in the final stretch.

Definitely need to work on my nails at some point, which is a great point - they are not the best.

As for my teeth, I'm a bit self conscious of the yellowing, so I'm planning on getting them whitened at the dentist in the month before the wedding as well.

When I ask my FH what he needs to do, all I get back is "I'll get a haircut a week before and brush my teeth the day of". Oh the life of being a man Smiley xd

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I became very lazy with my skincare throughout COVID so I tried my best to be more diligent in the 2 months or so leading up to my wedding.
    In particular I made sure to exfoliate on a regular basis with a high percentage BHA/AHA mask. I also used my tried and true Glamglow supermud mask once a week followed by a moisturizing mask. Everything else stayed pretty much the same for me but I just tried to make sure I was being consistent.
    If you don’t already have a good skincare routine and you aren’t happy with your skin I would recommend starting one as soon as possible. It can take months for your skin to adapt to a new routine or to new treatments and you don’t want to be starting that close to your wedding. Oh I also recommend taking good care of your hands and nails in the few months leading up to the wedding so your fingers look nice in close up shots of your ring.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't have much of a routine before, but I spent a lot of time researching and trying moisturizers before our wedding. I've had mystery allergic reactions to products so I wanted to make sure I wasn't trying anything new too close to the wedding.

I also established some great habits like drinking more water, actually flossing as much as the dentist wanted me to, and exercising more. Unfortunately Christmas derailed my good habits a little, but I'm trying to get back!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics