Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sira
Curious April 2024 Ontario

Pre Authorized Damage Deposits???

Sira, on February 18, 2023 at 19:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
So I'm curious if this is a COMMON thing at most places?? Or just as sketchy as it feels...?
I'm reading through a venue contract and it states I HAVE to have a credit card on file regardless of how I've made my FULL wedding payments. That they will pre authorize up to $6000 in extra fees that they can take after the fact if THEIR people deem you did not fulfill certain things in your contact or as a damage deposit....?? What stops them from Saying we didn't clean something and taking the funds anyhow??

Any thoughts/experiences or advice on this would be great?! And much appreciated. Thanks in advance lovebirds

4 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on February 22, 2023 at 14:38
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue asked for a $1000 deposit to save the date and a security deposit of $500 for damages-we found that to be in line with other venues so we paid it

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds odd, my venue just asked for $1000 to hold the venue, no credit cards, just cash or money order. There's no mention of additional damage fee. I would look at their reviews and ask local wedding groups if this was done to them?

Good luck.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trust your gut.
    My venue doesn’t have this nor does any of the venues I looked into
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I read contract with venue and no such charges existed. They didn't even take my credit card #

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics