Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bel
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

Postponing Wedding to 2022, am i alone?

Bel, on January 15, 2021 at 13:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hi Everyone

Just looking for some support I guess. We just decided to change our wedding date from June 26th 2021 to June 25th 2022. I feel better about it all, but its still emotional. I have 5 vendors I had to coordinate at this point, which isnt too bad. All the big ones, and it worked out. Which I am taking as a sign, I just feel I need to know I am not in this crazy boat alone. I was holding out hope for this year, but even our DJ said she might not be able to DJ weddings due to restrictions. The vaccine is still uncertain for when most people will get it.... so many uncertainties. So I went from 162 days to go, to 525 days to go (somewhere around that) and yes I have more time, but it kinda sucks.

Happy Planning to all the lovely couples!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Desiree, on January 27, 2021 at 10:16
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m trying to hold off as long as possible before moving my date, I’m thinking April if things are not some what normal or numbers are still outta wack we will move it to 2022 😅😶
  • Kelcie
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Kelcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are definitely not alone in this - we postponed right after New Years. Our original date was June 12 2021 and we moved it till May 28,2022.. it was one of the hardest decision we had to make and I cried all day! We have been engaged since oct 2019 and we want to move on with our lives but we knew we would not be able to have our dream wedding and didn’t want to look back and regret not having the people we love there or possibly putting our family at risk.
    But the way I look at it is we have more time to save, more time to plan and a better chance to having less restrictions !
    It will be worth the wait !
    Happy planning ❤️

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your not the only one to feel better postponing the date. Most couples have to consider the situation and the tough call to make upon the times right now. Your vendor team and venue are amazing for understanding and working with you for your date change.

You do feel to get married in a small intimate setting, do so to know your on the right path. Reception or Vow Renewal celebrations can be held for next year as you decide for the full guest list.

• Shantel
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I posted my 2020 wedding to June 2021 and I’m honestly thinking about postponing to 2022
    Do a small ceremony this year and my reception next year. I’m waiting till March to reschedule

We’ve already spent so much on the wedding and I don’t want it to go to waste.
  • Jennifer
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are in the same boat! Original date was June 12th, 2021, and we've recently postponed to June 4, 2022.

I cried a LOT the day we decided, mostly because I don't get to be 'wife' this year, but I'm honestly relieved and SO excited now. I'm back at over 500 days to the wedding as well, but I'm using this time now to really hone in on my decor and signage. We postponed as we wanted the wedding we planned for (family, friends, and all!), and we're both now extremely happy with our decision.

Happy planning!! Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its hard to believe we are at 376 days instead of 34 days like we should be. I'm still worried over my Jan 2022 wedding. We are hoping to have a great celebration to hopefully start feeling normal again. We will all be ready for better things by then. Good luck. Glad all your vendors worked out.
  • Kristy
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just did the same... from October 9th 2021 to October 8th 2022! I get how you’re feeling. It really sucks to anticipate the wedding getting close and then all of a sudden we have all this time to wait again.
    We want no part of a covid wedding or restrictions so waiting is worth it for us. You’re not alone!!
  • Bel
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is an amazing idea! thank you!!!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry you had to postpone. It definitely sucks and must have been a really hard call to make Smiley sad
    I do think by June 2022 things will be back to normal in Canada - or at least I really really hope so! Now you'll be able to have the wedding you want and you won't need to stress out about planning a covid wedding for the next 6 months. I know a lot of people that postponed last year made sure to do something special on their original wedding day, whether that was a hike or a small dinner or just a date night with their partner.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics