Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Curious July 2022 Ontario

Postponing for a Second Time - Guest Communication

Stephanie, on February 4, 2021 at 12:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi everyone! My original wedding date was June 27, 202, which we postponed last year to be June 12, 2021. This week my FH and I made the decision to postpone our wedding for a second time to July 9, 2022. It was a hard decision to make, but ultimately we wanted to have a chance at a wedding where we can interact with out guest without social distancing rules (i.e. I want to hug people haha).

Question for the community is, do you have any recommendations on what to put in the second communication to the guests? This was our message for our first postponement:

"Well this sucks... but in light of the current circumstances and out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to postpone our wedding. We hope you can celebrate with us on our new date, June 12, 2021."

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on February 4, 2021 at 18:47
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about "oops, we did it again!" ?
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the suggestion of "third time's the charm" or something along those lines. I don't think anyone will remember the exact wording of your first postponement so you could probably recycle it for the most part but I'd also want to be clear that this is a second postponement just in case they get in confused with the first one.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would use the "I want to hug people" excuse.

In light of the current circumstances and out of an abundance of caution (plus I want to hug people, haha), we have decided to postpone our wedding. We hope you can celebrate with us on our new date, June 12, 2021.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Instead of well this sucks just start with In light of. I think the rest is good wording

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoops my above message is supposed to say ‘postponing for the second time’
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in the process of postponing of the sworn time and I was going to make a joke like ‘Third times the charm!’ Or something and then just say we are postponing again until X date

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics