Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brett
Curious July 2020 Saskatchewan

Postponing?

Brett, on March 17, 2020 at 20:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Our wedding is scheduled for July 25th. Don’t know if I should be considering postponing.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on March 23, 2020 at 18:41
  • Stephanie
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am Aug 2. Waiting until I hear from the venue. We liked their demeanor when we hired them and are hoping they will do everything to reschedule or accommodate if necessary. I am sure they are helping clients in order and most of the stuff is through them. Except the officient and photographer and hopefully that will go smoothly too as I am sure they are waiting to reach out.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is Aug 29 and we are waiting til end of May / June to decide because a lot can change. I did email our vendor to know our options though. I haven’t contacted the other vendors yet.
  • Brett
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s our plan too. Just a matter of postponing the reception or not. Our back up plan is to have a ceremony with our parents and siblings, nieces possibly aunt/uncles/grandparents as well. Then having a bigger party at a later date.
  • Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is July 18 and we are not postponing! Either way we will get married that day no matter what.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldnt yet. lets see where we are in another month. i wouldnt postpone yet july is far away

• M
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is August 22nd 2020. Our stag and doe is suppose to be May 2nd so we will likely need to Cancel or postpone it. Sad times right now for a lot of people 😔 thinking about those who have to change their wedding date.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June and July weddings seem to be safe right now as this pandemic should be over soon hopefully. Waiting to hear from your venue about the choice of postponing without penalty will be good, given they are working with you to make your day happen. Otherwise, your secure to keep your date as set.
  • Brett
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah keep me posted on anything you hear! Thanks!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had planned to mail them this past weekend, but held off since my coordinator sent that email. So once I've heard from her then I'll make the decision when to send them. I can keep you updated if you'd like Smiley smile My caterer requested to have all meal selections by mid-June so I wanted to have them mailed by the first week of April at the latest.

• Brett
    Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just curious when you plan on sending your invites? My original plan was to have them mailed no later than April 15th. Don’t know if I should hold off on them or not.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have the same date!

As of right now, it's still really early to make firm decisions to postpone. But I've spoken to all my vendors to see how they're dealing with this and to make sure that they plan to still go about their respective businesses. My coordinator is actually attending an information session with the Wedding Industry Institute tomorrow to get more detailed information so hopefully I'll know more by Friday.

But FH and I have talked about plan B, so we have a contingency plan in place if need be. So definitely talk to your FH and involve close family members too to get more than one point of view.

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's too early.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wait at least another month or two to get a better idea of how this will play out long term. You’d fill have four months, a lot can change.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wait it out! I would talk with your future hubby about I back up plan... just for preliminary precautions. But otherwise, wait! It’s too early, and time will tell.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re July 18 and we aren’t postponing yet.

We’re gonna wait and see how things progress over the next few weeks/months!
    My shower is May 3 - we’re right now watching to see what happens after March 31 to see if Toronto will still be under a state of emergency (bans events over 50 ppl).
    Hopefully we don’t need to cancel our venue for the shower but for the wedding we aren’t worried.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics