Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie July 2021 Ontario

Postponed to 2021- Are you worried?!

Sarah, on June 19, 2020 at 16:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hi everyone!

We now have the documents for the official postponement of our July 2020 wedding to July 2021.

Fellow postponers- are any of you concerned that we will still be physical distancing come Summer 2021? I know it sounds just absolutely crazy, but we are being offered a partial refund for a full cancellation or a rescheduling at no charge. I would just hate to wait another whole year for July 2021 to roll around, and still be in the same boat that we are in today! There is definitely no way to know for sure- just wanting to find out if there are others feeling this way or if I am just traumatized by this whole experience!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Erica, on June 27, 2020 at 01:26
  • Erica
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Erica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Was suppose to get married October 2020, Stressed over whether or not to change the date, was super sad when I finally came to the conclusion that October wasn't going to happen and had to push my wedding to May 2021. Was lucky that all my vendors except one could do the change. Hoping everything will be ok come May 2021. Have to be honest I am still really worried

• Melissa
    Beginner October 2020 Greater London
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A little worried but I am positive by summer next year Covid will have calmed down even if there are still a scatter of cases..

Me and my fiance have already said even if there are still restrictions on guest numbers or social distancing in place we will still get married next year. We don't want to postpone again
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also was supposed to get married this July 18th after waiting 12 years. And having to postpone sucked. We have rescheduled everything luckily with no issues and I really haven't thought much about it 😬.

We did however decide to have a ceremony so we will be legally married on the original date we choose with out family and two close friends. Our wedding officiant and photographer agreed to make it happened and I am so thrilled to finally marry my best friend. If next year we have to shorten the first list or socially distance I think I will be okay with it because we are already married (even though we are not announcing it to all family and friends we originally invited so they still find the moment as special)

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This pandemic is unknowing in the way its going to go for the next year and the concern would be there for many couples as facing the postponing date. Your optimism is great to see about keeping your day special next year and the positive side.

Your venue is great to work for waiving the fee for changing dates. We will get back on track with everything once the pandemic is cleared and will look forward to being to the normal life.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely understand where you’re coming from! I personally feel more optimistic for 2021, with the vaccinations being trialled and the information they are constantly learning about the virus I’ve heared that they are hoping for a vaccine in a few months/end of the year and am more positive for 2021!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly how I am starting to feel!

Traumatized by 2020, but recognizing that 2021 should be better because the entire world is working to fix this and all they need is time!

It was nice to hear someone articulating exactly what I am feeling.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel the same way. i heard another wave is going to start in sept cuz everything will be more open then and people will be back to work and kids back to school. ugh i hope numbers stay down this is sooo upsetting.

• Patricia
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I TOTALLY get how you feel, I have this through cross my mind everyday! But I truly think we are feeling this more because we have all been traumatized by 2020 and already had to postpone once. I think it is just that fear that we will have to go through this again, but I don't think we will have to in 2021. I spoke with a few people who I knew were getting married Summer of 2021 (as their original dates), and while they said the thought has crossed their mind a few times, they always tell me they are planning full steam ahead and not worried.

While I personally do think 2020 is a write off, I think 2021 will be much better! There is already talks for a vaccine in late 2020/early 2021 and they will get more experience with the virus for next year.

I was nervous as well to move it to 2021 have that mentality 'well what is the point in waiting if this might still be happening next year'... but the way I thought about it is, if I DIDN'T postpone and just cancelled this year, and next year things are back to normal, I would be MORE upset that I didn't just postpone and wait until next year to have the wedding I want.

Definitely nerve wracking, but I think we will all be ok next year Smiley smile the entire WORLD is working on a solution right now, it will be ok Smiley smile

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your feelings are extremely valid!! My fiancé and I postponed from August 2020 until August 2021 and although I’m optimistic things will go forward next year, I definitely share your concerns. When those thoughts creep up, I just try to put them out of my mind and do my best to avoid catastrophic thinking. Because this is SUCH a dynamic situation (look how much has happened in 3 months?!) and, like you said, it’s impossible to predict what things will look like next summer.

Im sorry you had to make the difficult call to postpone 😢 but we’re here for you on WW! We’re in this together! ❤️

• Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't think I would get married let alone have to wade thru a pandemic as well!!

I am hoping beyond hope that June of 2021 things are back to normal.

I do have moments of dread wondering if that will happen. I don't care how old you are when you get married. It is the brides day!! I hope that we all get to be the giddy, planning, crafty fools that girls get to be the one time in their life!

Here's to hoping we all get our dream days Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel the same way! My fiance and I postponed our August 8 wedding until August 7 2021. Crossing my fingers that by next summer we can have a "normal" wedding! Hoping that they will have a vaccine sooner rather than later! We all want our dream wedding

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is scheduled for February 2021 and I feel like we will have to postpone to 2022. We want the dinner, the dance and our guests to feel safe. It doesn't seem like there is enough time for all that to happen by then.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally get the feeling traumatized by the ups and downs of covid-19 and wedding planning.We moved our date from August.29,2020 to August.29,2021 and I’m a little nervous.We aren’t going to let covid steal our day twice so come 2021 we will get married regardless.Have you thought about doing something special for your would be wedding day?I have been planning a trash the dress wedding day countdown for our would be day and will host small parties every 3 months until we say I do.Its helped offer us some closure and a little bit of happiness amongst all of the tears.
  • S
    Newbie February 2024 Texas
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel the exact same worry, you are not alone. Maybe there will be treatments available sooner than we think, since the whole world is trying to do this at the same time. Hoping for the best Smiley heart

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh YES I feel you - we have not postponed our October wedding yet, still trying to hold out hope because it feels like if we are still physically distancing in October, then we will still be doing that in December, and then going in 2021 - when does it end?! I get the traumatic feeling, and it just feels like a total defeat. So no it's not crazy.

When this all started to get serious in March, I thought for sure no way, our October wedding that was 7 months from then would be in jeopardy and then here we are, 3 months later and it does not seem to be letting up all that much (in terms of having the weddings we want).

However, the world is also all eager to get back to our lives so I also believe that lots of people out there are working on ways such as therapeutics or maybe a vaccine or what have you, to make that happen so this can't be our forever.

But the thought of postponing to 2021, only to have it be the same situation is top of my mind as well. All you can do is postpone and hope for the best - or as others have done, have your ceremony this year to be legally married and have a reception later.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think every one of us is traumatized by 2020! We're keeping our ceremony this year but we pushed the reception to 2021. Our biggest worry the whole time is family coming in from the US.

I'm definitely worried that they won't be able to come next year, or that whatever president they have will make it harder for them to move back and forth. Our province has been very strict about the quarantine for anyone, even Canadian citizens, entering NB so that could make things difficult too.
    If we can't have a pre-covid style reception next year we will just cancel. I'd rather have no party than one with masks and no hugs or dancing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics