Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate-Lynn
Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba

Postponed

Kate-Lynn, on May 6, 2020 at 20:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 2 7
Hello

Has anyone had to postpone your wedding? Did you do something else on your supposed to be special day? Let’s see some pictures! Looking for ideas and inspiration.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 14:24
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you change your date do a fancy dinner at home make some steak and lobster and dress up and have a cute night and get some cake and remind each other why you are getting married

• V
    Newbie October 2020 Quebec
    Vashti ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did your venue charge a penalty for postponing to next year?

• Brittany
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to fully postpone! Played around with the idea of having a small ceremony on our planned date, but ultimately we decided it was best for us to just postpone completely Smiley smile We wanted to save all the magic and raw emotion to happen as it was meant to! Sad that we have to wait another year, but we have come to terms with it and we are very happy with our decision! On our planned date, we are going to try to have a special weekend, maybe rent a cabin up north for the weekend or something. Our original date was October 17th of this year, but we have postponed officially to October 23rd, 2021.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The idea of postponing does give you time to have a renewal or anniversary with your guests present. You can go formal next year as casual can be done if this year making it official.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our planned wedding date is close to our anniversary so if heaven forbid things don't go as planned, we'll still have an anniversary dinner around the time of our supposed date.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're beginning to plan the change to an elopement! We plan to use of existing date to legally get married and celebrate our reception on our first anniversary.

I still want our photographer, the dress, the flowers for our wedding day. And next year we will add the party parts. We will keep a lot of the traditional parts like cake cutting and dancing at the reception with a vow renewal so our parents can have a ceremony.
    My plan was to wait until July to decide but a few things our premier has said made us start to put our postponment plans in motion. My fiance's family is in Wisconsin and if they can't come it's only fair that we have no guests and celebrate together with everyone later.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We pushed ours out exactly a year. We’re definitely still doing something to mark the original occasion (or, as I like to say, our -1 year anniversary hahah). I think we’ll throw a party at my fiancé’s cottage and invite however many close friends we’re able to, depending on the restrictions. I don’t think it’ll be anything fancy or particularly marriage-themed - just a fun and welcome distraction!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics