Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious February 2022 Alberta

Postpone time frame?

Katelyn, on July 27, 2020 at 13:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3

Our original date is January 9 2021, however we have been discussing when to make the call to re-schedual/ postpone. I realize this is still 6 months away and most people would wait until closer to the date, our major concern is all of our family is in either BC or Ontario and the wedding is in Alberta where we live. Over 50% of our guests will have to travel by plane to get there and most of them aren't quite comfortable with that idea as of now. Is leaving it until September/October too late and inconsiderate of the guests that have to book plane tickets/hotels/rental cars? I want to wait to postpone until we get a better idea of what January is going to look like but my Fiance just wants to do it now while we can still get a date we want for 2022 and before any of our family have booked anything.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on July 27, 2020 at 18:57
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eek if it is not good by January 2022, I am purchasing an island for myself and my closest friends to re start our own little world.

In all seriousness though, it is a tough choice and there is no right or wrong answer.

• K
    Curious February 2022 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! there has already been people RSVPing no due to COVID and others that said they would have normally booked the flights by now to get them cheaper but are holding off now to see what happens. I would hate for any of our guests to lose out, but I also don't want to make the call too early. As you said though, even if January is ok, it still wont be 100% normal. by January 2022 I have hope that it would be though. ugh such a tough choice either way.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave it a three month timeline before making the call because that was when we wanted to send out invites, and typically people do not book flights and things before three months. So I think you could wait a bit longer and still be fine. I suspect all your guests are anticipating a possible postponement and understand being flexible.

However, waiting for that three month deadline to creep up caused me no end of anxiety and miserable days. So I completely get just wanting to make the call now to move forward with life.

It is tough to say what January will look like, but I think it might take longer then 6 months before we are at a "normal wedding" point (I sincerely hope I am wrong when I say that) so postponing maybe makes sense depending what kind of wedding you want. Also as your FH said, 2021 dates are snapping up quickly because of the 2020 weddings.

Sorry you are going through this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics