Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie August 2021 British Columbia

Post-pone wedding date

Jayna, on March 25, 2020 at 02:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
My fiance and I were talking about our wedding, which is October 10th, 2020. With evrything going in theres a chance of changing the date. He brought up possible just the two of us having our ceremony and then having a party after. Once we thought about this I'm having regrets of not doing this in the beginning. I felt so much stress off my shoulders. Obviously invitations have already been sent out and almost half have RSVP'd. I'm just so lost in this now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 12:52
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can just say that due to covid your postponing. you can do a zoom livestream so people can watch your wedding online.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your date is safe and secure as the venue is trying to look out for the look out for you both. Keep positive and calm as your guests will make it for the day to celebrate your new life as one together. Don't get scared by any means of this pandemic lasting the whole year. It would be worse if came to that. Many couples are getting stressed due to the situation and making arrangements as needed which you shouldn't have any worries about. Keep safe and spend time with your family at home with games and entertainment.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is a week before yours and we aren't worrying about it yet.

If you're having doubts maybe you can make the ceremony more private and have the reception with everyone who is already invited? It might not change the costs but a smaller more intimate ceremony might be less stressful.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm feeling ok so far with our september wedding. I think October is clear sailing. Because even if it takes 3-6 months to get somewhat back to Normal, more like thats what im thinking....lol

I would say hang in there a bit longer before you make and big decisions. Im personally waiting for the updates come may. 1

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldnt change your date. I think in the next couple of months things will blow over. Canada did a good job of shutting things down pretty quick so I'm not expecting this to last longer than that. Plus with the warmer weather, we might see more of a change as well.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others that it will probably have blown over by October. Lately though I've been feeling the same as you about regretting not planning an intimate ceremony to begin with. It sucks feeling this way and it might just be the stress of all this uncertainty so maybe do your best to focus on the aspects of a bigger wedding that you're excited for.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Kelsie. I wouldn’t make any decisions just yet. We are all in the same boat. Just take a breather and wait until around July to see how things are going by then.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think for October you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t change your date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics