Hello everyone, we desperately need advice! Our original plan was to have a 50 person wedding on August 21st in the city. Then we thought about a 10 person mini wedding in the city or in our hometown that is 3 hours away from the city. A week ago we were looking up places to elope and the cliffs of Elbow, SK are gorgeous! So now we have these issues:
1. My fiancé and I really want to elope in Elbow, SK. If we could (depending on restrictions), we would like to bring my FHs 2 best friends, his 2 parents, my sister, and my 3 best friends. The issue with this is
- almost all of the guests live in the hometown, which is 4 1/2 hours from Elbow. The hometown is also 3 hours from the city, they were willing to make that drive but the extra 1 1/2 hours seems too long especially with the gas and paying for a hotel stay, etc.
- I don’t want to invite all 8 and have a total of 12 (with officiant, photog, FH and I) then find out that the max group that can meet is 5 and then we have to disinvite people
2. We sent out invitations for the original wedding (50+ people) last October because we were excited, but now
- I don’t know how to tell everyone else that we’d like to get married this year with a smaller group and not have a celebration the year after. We would rather spend the money on something else, rather than a fancy celebration a year later, especially since people would want us to do a vow renewal and that doesn’t make much sense to me since it was a year prior and that makes me nervous