Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Darlene
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Poofy

Darlene, on July 31, 2021 at 19:18 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 2
I had my second dress fitting and my dress is very long. I’m very short to say the least. I need about a 5” heel to bring my dress up so the bottom doesn’t drag. I can’t wear a 5” heel! I never wear heels. The shoes I bought are 3” and already kill my feet.
My seamstress gave me a layer of crinoline to put under the dress to bring it up but I’m not in love with it. It changes the dress from a fit and flare to a mermaid style.
I don’t want to pay for the alterations to have it hemmed because it’s super expensive with all the lace detailing on the bottom. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m having an outdoor wedding and don’t want the bottom of my dress to be filthy if I don’t use the crinoline.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Darlene, on July 31, 2021 at 20:30
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply. I have 3” heels and that’s all I know about heels. I looked for a wedge that would be higher but there is nothing out there.
    I tried walking in the dress with just the heels and no crinoline and I didn’t really trip on it.
    I can justify the expense of getting it hemmed. I’ve already had to pay for crinoline and the alterations and am at 1/4 of the budget of that I spent on my dress with just the alterations. It’s getting very expensive. It would just be nice to not have the crinoline so poofy.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting your dress dirty is one thing, but you also don't want it too long just for practical reasons. If your dress is even an inch too long you'll probably be tripping over it all day/night.

Have you looked into heels with a platform? If you can get maybe 2" or so in the platform then the actual heel will only need to be 3". Or obviously you could bite the bullet and get it hemmed, but I know that it's ridiculously expensive so I understand why you want to avoid it.

If I were in your position and I could afford it, even if it's more than I wanted to spend, I would likely just go ahead with hemming and consider it investing in my own comfort.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics