Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Beginner August 2020 Alberta

Polaroid Photo Booth

Courtney, on December 15, 2018 at 03:49 Posted in DIY 0 12
Hey ladies!!
I just recently got engaged, and I'm looking for opinions on a Polaroid photo booth.
We are thinking about setting up our own and just having some else take pictures or they take pictures themselves!
Have any of you ladies done something like this or have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!!Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on January 8, 2019 at 19:59
  • Cindy
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! My fiancé and I will be doing instax polaroid guestbook as well. We’re going to put out props. I have purchased an instax mini 70 and an instax share 2 printer during boxing days sale. Plan on having the printer connected to an old iPad on a tripod.
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just bought mine and I’m so happy with it. I bought a customized photo backdrop with a stand for under 150. I bought both from aliexpress and went for polyester over vynl but I’m sooooo impressed with the quality. The stand was about 40 bucks and comes with adjustable height lengths and it’s honestly great quality. It stands at about 8 feet. I suggest this to everyone lol; I wanted a photo corner that allowed people to take their own photos but I didn’t want it to be super goofy.

Polaroid Photo Booth 1

Polaroid Photo Booth 2
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For ours we did a “selfie station” and had some different props, a couple Polaroids and selfie sticks. We just rented a cute backdrop! It went over really well with our guests.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had an old cell phone hooked up to a printer via Bluetooth to print off the photos. They didn’t have anyone designated to take photos so most were selfies but it worked, for the most part. We weren’t able to print our photo but we decorated our page and the grooms brother let him know he would have to print our photo. They had used an old cell phone so I think it just gave out eventually.

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes a lot of sense and then there isnt that weird gap between setting up the phone! Wicked!

Thank you I love it already!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the pocket printers! I got one for Christmas last year and it works great! Just need a phone hooked up to it via bluetooth for it to work so make sure you either dedicate a phone to it or something so people don't abuse the system or forget to take their phone off of the bluetooth!

Also, congrats on the engagement and welcome to the wedding wire community!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pocket printers are handy, and Canons are good quality!

We're doing a Polaroid guestbook so we are looking at this option too! Our DJ company is providing a photobooth for guests but we're DIYing the guestbook stuff.

• Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's actually a super good price for a small printer Haha I'd trust canon too, well have to check it out!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Canon has a great printer at staples for like $100 or something and it fits in your palm. I trust canon, so I think that will be our choice!
  • Courtney
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh the pocket printer would be a really good idea! I'll have to go check, maybe snag a good deal on boxing day Haha
    A hashtag actually makes a lot of sense! Maybe do polaroids for our guest book one each and then the rest on Instagram that's smart!!

Thanks! I cant wait to see what's in store Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And congrats on your engagement! You'll love these forums, they're so helpful!
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are looking at getting a small Polaroid camera and one of those cute mini pocket Polaroid printers from staples, but will rely mostly on guests using their phones and our hashtags so we can print things later on Smiley smile the Polaroid will mostly be for us to make a "guest wall" otherwise the cost really adds up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics