Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jonelle
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Plus Size Dress Shopping

Jonelle, on March 9, 2021 at 10:13 Posted in Ontario 0 12

Hi there!

I'm just wondering if anyone has recommendations as to where to go wedding dress shopping (in Ontario) that have plus size options? I have a list of boutiques but I'm starting to wonder about the range in sizes and what's classified as "plus". Has anyone else had this problem and wouldn't mind sharing some advice? I'm finding the whole notion of dress shopping a tad overwhelming..

12 Comments

Latest activity by Karen, on April 1, 2021 at 06:56
  • Karen
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SINDERS Bridal House in Carleton Place Ontario. Just outside of Ottawa.

It's a historic home and you feel so welcomed when you walk through the doors.

AMAZING service, selection and in house alterations.

You can google them, these ladies respond VERY quickly. And a variety of their PLUS Size Dresses are on line OR they can send you a selection on line IF you have an idea of what your looking for, I believe that they can Live Chat and Zoom with you as well.

There is literally something for everyone and at EVERY price range.

Couldn't have picked a better place to get MY DRESS!

Not to mention the amazing small town feeling. You wouldn't be sorry you checked these ladies out!

K

• M
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m plus size and I got my dress from
    David bridal .... very happy with the selection they had available in my size
  • Sarah
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out this awesome new store More2Love Bridal that just opened in Etobicoke https://more2lovebridal.com/ the owners are AMAZING.

• Jonelle
    Jonelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay! Thank you so much, I'll give those places a look Smiley laugh And I'll take your advice and bring pictures with me

• Tineesa
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Tineesa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a plus size bride and I got my dress from Best for Brides Etobicoke and had such a great experience! Sophia Tolli is the designer. I also went to David's Bridal and Sophie's Gown Shoppe. I would recommend having some photos of dresses you like to show even though the dress you pick may be different than what you thought you wanted.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a good point.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ordering can also be an issue for plus size brides because they can't try on the sample sizes. Who wants to order their wedding dress without being able to try it on?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you planning to order a new dress or buying off the rack? It's only if you're buying off the rack that having stock on hand becomes an issue but I would imagine any new dress can be made up to any size (ladies, correct me if I'm wrong).

That being said, I can see certain snooty designers that refuse to have their product go beyond a certain size so looking up particular brands/designers that cater to your body type would also be a good start. Then you can look up local shops that sell those brands.

• Jonelle
    Jonelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I definitely have David's bridal on my list! I'm still looking for more options so I can have a range to browse between, in case I don't find what I'm looking for Smiley smile

• Jonelle
    Jonelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I do plan on calling ahead: however, I'd rather get a list of recommended plus-size friendly boutiques to call than just call every bridal boutique in Ontario lol. I would like to hear some recommendations and actual first-hand experience with finding plus size dresses at these boutiques by actual brides who are "plus sized". It would be nice to know other bride's experiences and what they have to say - I'm not very confident in my size so I'm really looking for reassurance that the whole experience isn't as terrifying as I think it might be lol.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Davids bridal carries plus sizes and like Hank said you can call the boutiques and ask what sizes they carry up to
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can always call the boutiques ahead of time to see if they have sample dresses in your size.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics