Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Newbie September 2017 Ontario

Plus 1's

Melissa, on June 2, 2017 at 21:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3

Is there a general rule about plus ones? Looking for advice on how to tell people no to plus ones, and when should guest get plus ones??

3 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on June 5, 2017 at 14:47
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am addressing invitations directly and not including any plus one or and guests because I am more than happy to include extra people if someone has a serious bf or gf but I don't really want someone to pick up a random person to come to my wedding. When I was asking for addresses I also asked for names of significant others so they could be included on the invitation because I wasn't doing plus ones.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What we are doing for ours is on the invitation writing "There are ______ seats reserved in your honour". So we can fill in the blanks with however many seats for each guest.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us if someone was getting a plus one, we made it very clear on the invitation. We wrote "Kara and guest", this way they knew. For those who didn't get a plus one, we just wrote their first and last name on the envelope! If guests ask you about plus ones you can just say you aren't able to extend a plus one for financial reasons etc...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics